Author Topic: Advice needed  (Read 1163 times)

Offline Carmela's Mom

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 9
« on: September 26, 2005, 17:18:48 pm »
Carmela woke up before 6 a.m. this morning....she was exhausted by 10 a.m. so I took her outside for a walk thinking that will keep her up...she got cranky during our walk so I brought her home at 10:30...by 10:45 she was throwing tantrums so I gave her a light snack and water and put her to bed by 11:10 a.m....she slept for ONE HOUR!  Definitely not enough to get her through to tonight....

What would you do in this situation?  Should I have put her down at 9:30 and then tried again at 2 for a quick nap for the afternoon?  She's 17 months old.

Thanks...we tend to have days like this often so I'm wondering how to handle it.

Offline Deb_in_oz

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 615
  • personal development blogger
Advice needed
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2005, 03:26:47 am »
alex only went to 1 nap a little before that age so whenever she had a rough morning i aimed for 2 naps (based on wakeup time i think 9ish and 2ish are fine) at that age it is common to need 2 naps every few days even so just gauge how she is and better to put down for 2 naps/rests than have a cranky kid!!
Debra - a New Yorker living in Australia married to a Brit

dd1 - Textbook/Angel, born July 2003
dd2 - Spritied through & through, born Feb 2005

Check out my website:   Home Life Simplified
Like my Facebook page:  https://www.facebook.com/HomeLifeSimplified

Theo'smom

Advice needed
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2005, 18:01:20 pm »
What we did was a very short morning cat nap, like 10 - 15 minutes (I'd wake him up) then put him down for his afternoon nap at the regular time.  Seemed to work fine for him!  If I tried the reverse, long morning nap and then a second nap, he'd scream hysterically and totally resist the afternoon nap, not even taking one and he'd be way overtired by bedtime.