Author Topic: Bottle feeding on E.A.S.Y  (Read 1243 times)

Offline rhubarb

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« on: September 26, 2005, 18:32:17 pm »
Hi

I have a 3 week old who I'm bottle feeding but he's naturally fallen into a routine of feeding every 4 hours.  He's like a little clock and has his feeds at around 7am, 11am, 3pm, 7pm, 11pm and 3am.  He takes approx 4ozs at each feed.

I know that the EASY plan for babies under 4 months is to feed every 3 hours but if he's naturally fallen into this routine of feeding every 4 hours should I worry about fixing something that doesn't need mending??

I was thinking of trying to get him to feed less on 3ozs every 3 hours but if I take the bottle of him after 3ozs he goes mad for more milk and will not settle until he has the other ounce - he won't do any activity and won't sleep.  Once he's had the other ounce of milk then he has a stare around the room whilst we have a little chat or he goes on his activity mat for a while or he watches hios cot mobile and then after 5 or 10 minutes he goes sleepy.

What would you do - would you stick with the riutine he's in now or try and get him on to a 3 hour routine with less milk at each feed??

Thanks for any advise.
Stephanie x

Offline Ennypen

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 1033
  • My family x
    • my facebook
Bottle feeding on E.A.S.Y
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2005, 19:31:58 pm »
Hiya

All I can think of is don't fix what is not broken... but I am no means an expert in these things as Im a first time mommy. My little one is 10 weeks old and has 6 oz every 3 hours including through the night - but that is what makes him happy so its what makes me happy too.

Helen xx

Offline Noelle

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 53
  • Eau Claire, WI
Bottle feeding on E.A.S.Y
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2005, 20:03:02 pm »
Hi Stephanie -
Your routine looks great so far.  If he is doing well on the 4 hour then I would keep him there.  Be prepared that it may change to 3 or 3.5, especially during growth spurts.  And if he is draining each bottle, don't be afraid to add an ounce or two.  Congrats!!!  :D  :D
**Noelle**  Formerly JohnandZoesMom