Author Topic: What time do you start your day?  (Read 1608 times)

Offline mommynow

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« on: September 26, 2005, 14:35:31 pm »
I am NOT a morning person at all.  We usually start our day around 8:30am but I keep reading that an earlier awake time is better for baby.  I am wondering if waking late is throwing off her napping schedule.  She will usually have a good morning nap but after that they are usually 45 min if I'm lucky and she is very overtired by the evening.
Abigail born May 26, 2005

Offline Ennypen

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 1033
  • My family x
    • my facebook
What time do you start your day?
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2005, 15:21:23 pm »
My day usually starts at about 7am when my hubby goes to work.. then William has a bottle at about 7.30am and then we come downstairs and start our day... not that he is awake for a lot of it as he still has 3 naps a day and seems to need it as he's getting better at sleeping at night.
Our problem is bedtime... with my hubby not getting home until late each night establishing a night time routine is proving hard to do and still have time for him to see baby and me. On average William ends up hitting his crib at about 10pm then needs feeding at about12.30am,  2.30am and 5.30am.
I know a lot of babies seem to be sleeing through better than this at 10 weeks but he really seems to wake up hungry and demolishes his bottles.

Helen xx

Offline mistilouwho

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 2
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2005, 12:43:15 pm »
I too was starting my day later (around 8-9 am) and found nap time was a horrible experience.  Luke would sleep for 20-40 minutes and then be up.  By the time evening rolled around, he was a basket case and so was I.  So, yesterday was my first time starting my day early and nap time seemed to go a lot better.  I have also stopped trying to keep him up for an hour-and-a-half during activity time and started folliwng his sleep cues.  I was so concerned the two hour nap time would have a negative impact on his sleeping at night, but last night went well.  Hopefully, this will continue.  I'll check back with you in a couple of days and let you know.

Misti
Misti

Mommy to Luke Anthony
August 21, 2005

Offline littlepeach

• Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2005, 16:48:03 pm »
Leslie is just over 6 months old, and for a looooong time, we were starting our day around 7.. then we bumped it back to 8.. and lately it's been closer to 9. It hasn't hurt naps at all, and actually it works out better for us because we can cut out her cat nap in the evenings (which she wasn't always taking, anyway).  I work evenings at a restaurant and sometimes I don't get home from work until midnight, which means it's late when I get to bed, and 7 am was just coming too early. Les still wakes up early, between 7:30-8, but she usually just talks to herself for a while and then goes back to sleep. I love it - except for being woken up with a bunch of babble. Thankfully, it's still cute, and I haven't quite gotten tired of it yet..  :wink:
Hollie
Mama to Leslie Nicole

"Les is more!"

Offline mommynow

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2005, 17:11:38 pm »
Misti how old is your baby?  What time does your lo go to bed?  thanks.
Abigail born May 26, 2005

Offline mistilouwho

• Showing Appreciation 2
« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2005, 18:19:20 pm »
Luke was born on August 21st, so he is a little over 5 weeks.  Bedtime is currently a moving target.  Last night he was in bed by 9 pm, woke at 2:15 am for a bottle and woke again at 5:15.  However, I used a paci to get him to go back to sleep until 6 am.

I'm going back to work on the 16th of October, so I would like him to go to bed at 8:30, dream feed at 10 and start his day at 7 am.  I'm not very good at "baby whispering" so I'm not sure if this will actually happen.  As I said before, I'm trying to sort out overstimulation/overtired issues and I think I've been over feeding him too (which was due to my misinterrupting the 45 minute nap issue).  I rock!!  My only defense is that I'm a first time mom.  Luke is unfortunately paving the way for his future younger sibling.

By the way, we are on our 3rd nap today and all have gone longer then the dreaded 45 minutes.  Yeah!!
Misti

Mommy to Luke Anthony
August 21, 2005