Author Topic: Stopping Dreamfeed - baby now wakes up!!  (Read 1142 times)

Offline herbst99

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
Stopping Dreamfeed - baby now wakes up!!
« on: September 27, 2005, 06:29:56 am »
Hi all
I have a problem with my 6.5mth old daugter.
She used to sleep from 7:00pm - 6:00 am with a DF at 10:00pm
She is having 3 solids per day and untill I started taking away the DF was still taking in 1000ml (1 liter) of formula!! She was starting to gain to much weight in spite of being VERY active - crawling etc so - decided to start decreasing milk while stopping DF - so now I have a few reasons why she is waking at 2/3 am
1. Hunger - although she woke the first night I decreased the milk and again now on night 4 when I again decreased milk and gave feed earlier
2. Wakes for DF
3. Wakes for me to give her her dummy and Luvey (when do they start picking up dummy and putting it back themselves????)
4. Teething
Any advice would be greatly appretiated as I might start accidental parenting - I already took her into my bed last night at 3:30 when she didn't settle :oops:
Thanx
Nikki - Mom of Lise and Cara

Offline Katet

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 608
  • Sydney Australia
Stopping Dreamfeed - baby now wakes up!!
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2005, 04:03:59 am »
Is she taking any water during the day? she may be thirsty & so wakes for the feed out of thirst rather than hunger. with cutting back on the df, you need to replace the fluid, if not the milk during the day.
You could try giving cooled boiled water at the night wakeups, that can help stop the wakeing
It could also be teething/ developmental too, which does cause waking... is she starting to look like crawling?
As for when they find the dummy/lovey... well sometime between 6mo & never would be my comment, I have friends who have lo's who found theirs & my 2yo still doesn't find his lovey!!!
dc1 July 03, dc2 May 05