Author Topic: How do you implement set times for naps?  (Read 4169 times)

Nikki~Nathan&Danielle

How do you implement set times for naps?
« Reply #15 on: September 30, 2005, 05:28:01 am »
Hayley, well my kids have been waking up early too (Danielle was 5.45 today) - roll on daylight savings!!

So, today she actually needed a 2nd morning nap because of the same problem.  She went down for a nap at 7.45 and 10.45 for 45min each and then 1pm for 3hrs and will be awake from 4-7pm.

Danielle doesn't really show tired signs much anymore, but does rub her eyes but she can keep going for another hr or so, she doesn't grizzle, but does maybe need me around her rather than independent play at that time of day.

It is confusing, but I think they figure it out, if Daniel is melting down if he's been up too late, then you will definitely need the extra nap still.

Offline Little Bear's Mum

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 11
  • Daniel's birthday is 11 April 2005
How do you implement set times for naps?
« Reply #16 on: September 30, 2005, 06:52:48 am »
Wow, how do you manage to get a 3 hour nap??????? I had one a few weeks ago but I don't know how or why??? Daniel seems to be getting about a total of 2h 40mins - 3h per day at the moment plus 10-11 hours at night, so I don't think he's getting quite enough but he just doesn't seem to want any more. When he's awake he's generally happy, but in the afternoon he's getting a little grizzly.

I have noticed when I put him down now there's no crying or even grizzles, so I think this is a good sign that he's going down at the right time. I think before he was not quite ready to go down. Would that be right? He still makes a few settling 'breaths' that I can hear so it's not like his head hits the mattress and he's out within seconds.

Well, we've had a good napping day for Daniel today and I'm really happy with that. If we can just get him waking a little later in the morning, closer to 6am would be nice or 7am even better - then the naps can also be at better times. Actually, just some consistency would be fabulous! Whatever that consistency may be! :lol:
Hayley
Ohakea, New Zealand