Author Topic: Baby oops-oops  (Read 994 times)

Offline velvet

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 1
Baby oops-oops
« on: September 27, 2005, 19:33:08 pm »
Hello,

I served my almost 9month old boy a baby mum-mum.  They are rice rusks.  The box says they are a traditional first snack for babies 12 months and older but friends said their babies loved them when they were younger too.  And, yes he did love it!  I am worried about the skim milk powder ingredient.  My baby is breast fed and the books all say no cow's milk till 1 year.  I have no idea where skim milk powder falls?  I am also concerned that if the box says a certain age then perhaps, I should follow that? Am I paranoid?   So, should I put the baby mum-mums away until he's older?

Offline Arwyn's mom

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 15
  • Arwyn -- April 5th, 2005
Baby oops-oops
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2005, 22:43:37 pm »
Hi... similar issue...

I found out that my rice cereal has skim milk powder in it. Don't know if it is considered a dairy product but I have given it to my almost 6 month old and so far, so good. It has only been a few times though.

I have a friend whose 6 month old baby had an allergic reaction to the baby mum-mums in the form of a rash on her cheek. She is also EBF. If your son doesn't have a reaction and you are comfortable with it, I would say, go ahead.

But, does anybody know if skim milk powder is considered a dairy product?
Ankie
Burnaby, B.C. Canada

Offline M&M'sMom

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 1
    • http://www.babiesonline.com/babies/t/thomastwinsicles/
Baby oops-oops
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2005, 00:02:36 am »
Hey Velvet!

I have given the girls Mum Mums and I don't even worry about the skim milk content. If you were to be giving you lo skim milk in bottles thats a problem.. they need the fat that whole and homo milk provide. As far as the powder in a cookie, you are only giving the cracker/cookie ( I don't know what they call it?) as a "snack". They are so light they can't possibly be of any significant nutritional value can they?.. Personally I wouldn't worry.... HTH

Jody
Maisie Lyn Caroline (angel)
March 19/05 6:16 am
Makaylee Lyn Jennifer (angel)
March 19/05 6:21 am