Author Topic: Pls. advise which company bottles are the best for feeding  (Read 1337 times)

Offline Rosy

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
Pls. advise which company bottles are the best for feeding
« on: September 27, 2005, 20:34:49 pm »
I am highly confused as to which are the good bottles for the feeding. My daughter is going to 3 months now, and I must start bottle feeding occassionally. Could someone help me PLEASEEEEEEEEEEE.

Offline GraceKellysmom

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 104
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2005, 00:39:25 am »
Hi Rosy,

You may get a few answers in this forum, there are some of us who have offered bottles. Are you going to be expressing from work? Have you read the "tips for how to give your baby a bottle" sticky message at the top of this forum?

From what I understand, you should get a nipple that looks similar to your own. A really slow flow bottle will be the most compatible with nursing. If your baby has colic, Dr Browns are supposed to be good, but kinda a pain to wash. Some moms like Avent bottles and use the sterilizer and electric pump attachements.

I give my day care baby a bottle sometimes and he uses Munchkin brand. I like the nipples on those, and if I ever need to give my own child a bottle, that is one I would try.
Stacy, Mama to
Grace Kelly 01/03, Maximilian Alexander 07/04, Faith Noelle 03/07, Henry Patrick 12/08
and my angel babies

Offline Hunter & Sithia's mom

• Showing Appreciation 81
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2005, 01:44:58 am »
I agree with the Munchkin brand.  They have a tri-flow system with the nipples ... slow, medium and fast.  I use the nipples and rings with the Playtex advance bottles, and have had way less problems with gas than before.  And yes, tehy fit!!!

:lol:  :D HTH
Beth
Mom to Hunter 10-13-04
Sithia 20-04-07

Offline Emmy's Mum

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2005, 09:48:50 am »
I found the Pigeon Premium nipples to be the best. My lo was using the Avent for awhile but the nipples were too hard for her (I think) as she kept pushing it out as she sucked and we would constantly have to keep pushing the nipple back in during feeds. She was also getting fustrated and won't always take the bottle (that was worrying as I had to go back to work). So I switched to the pigeon brand which are really soft and designed so that the same sucking motion is used with these nipples as with the breast so limiting nipple confusion. She took to it from day one and we haven't looked back!
Em 13/6/2005
Aidan 11/1/2007

Offline evanskimberley

• Showing Appreciation 118
  • Kent, GB
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2005, 12:10:09 pm »
I had great sucess with orthodontic (hope that's the right work, someone correct me if I'm wrong) teats I got from Boots (sorry don't know which country you're from) They are flat on the bottom side and the flow of milk comes from the top of the teat as it sits in the mouth instead of the end of the teat like conventional teats. the hole is a self regulating one, it has a cross instead of one hole, allowing the baby to suck how it wants to. i've only ever bought one set as she sucks harder as she gets older and you don't need to move to the bigger holes.

Mam do good latex ones as well which are very breat nipple like!!!!

Definately get ones like your nipples, shape, size and watch how they feed as well, that may give you a hand in deciding.
Kimberley