Author Topic: Can bottle be made from half cold and half boiled water  (Read 1420 times)

Offline alison toms mum

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 40
  • my little bundles of trouble
Can bottle be made from half cold and half boiled water
« on: September 28, 2005, 11:52:33 am »
Have just given up BF after struggling on for 3 months (Im v  :cry: about it but Tom has a type of reflux that he needs to eat sitting up) and have found that DS preferes his bottle a LITTLE bit walmer than room temp (he will take it cold but fusses a lot) This is ok when i have time to make a bottle when he needs it, but difficult if hes already started screaming for food.

can formula be made up in room temp water?(I always assumed that it wouldnt disolve properly!) and can i put some pre boiled water in fridge and then add boiling water and formula when its needed? (if so how much cold and how much boiling water?)

Im sure Ill get the hang of it soon! :D
Alison

Offline Deb_in_oz

• Showing Appreciation 615
  • personal development blogger
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2005, 11:56:17 am »
i was always told to use room temp or warmish water but not freshly boiled water as that would destroy the nutrients in the formula  :?  not sure if that is true or not, but i tend to boil a kettle full of watert and then store in a 1 Liter jug that i then use to prepare each bottle as i go... HTH
Debra - a New Yorker living in Australia married to a Brit

dd1 - Textbook/Angel, born July 2003
dd2 - Spritied through & through, born Feb 2005

Check out my website:   Home Life Simplified
Like my Facebook page:  https://www.facebook.com/HomeLifeSimplified

Offline Fiona (Leah & Kians Mom)

• Showing Appreciation 84
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2005, 12:11:55 pm »
Hi,
I used to boil water and make up bottles ( without formula) and used them at room temp. Was using the advent bottles with the bag so had formuala powder in these and water in normal bottle.

Offline Mariek

• Showing Appreciation 225
  • If the Beatles had read Hunter
    • My Blog: Protect The Cookie!
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2005, 12:44:43 pm »
Hi

I used to make up the bottles with just boiled water in and leave them at room temp then add the formula when needed - the Avent formula divider is a God send if you haven't already got one because you can premeasure the formula and just whack it in the bottle when needed.

If you do this make sure that you swill the bottle around a bit first before you shake it, otherwise the dry formula gets stuck in the teat and its a pain (DH discovered that one, must be a man thing).

HTH

love
Marie