Author Topic: question about awake time  (Read 1159 times)

Offline LindseysMom

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 9
  • Lincolnton, NC, USA
question about awake time
« on: September 28, 2005, 13:53:26 pm »
Since Lindsey does not get very loud in the am when she wakes anymore I decided to take her monitor to bed with me last night to see if I can tell when she truly is waking up in the am.  I first heard her this am at 6:50 am!  She made some noises then would get quiet, then would make noises and then get quiet.  THis went on for about an hour and I went to get her at 7:50 because she started banging on something, probably with her head. :roll:    So, my question is, what time would you count as her wake up time?   When you first hear her or when you actually get her out of bed.  If she has not gotten loud enough for me to hear her without the monitor I usually just get up at 8 am and then she does get loud like she hears me awake or something.  The reason why I can't hear her is because we have the fan on the ac on all the time to drown out noise for her but it keeps me from hearing her in the am too.  I usually put her down for her first nap at 10:30 but now if she is really waking that early should I put her down sooner?    She seems fine until 10:30 but the problem really is that she is not wanting to take her afternoon nap and I thought maybe she is overtired by that time of the day because she wakes up sooner than I realize.  Sorry so long just looking for some ideas, advice.
Lynne
Registered Nurse now Sahm
Mom to Lindsey Elizabeth 10/28/04
Baby girl due December 8th

Offline Aarismom

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 13
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2005, 15:52:59 pm »
Hiya Lynne,

She's 11 months now...my guess is that she is actually transitioning to one nap if she's resisting the afternoon nap. If she's been napping fine for you until recently, then that's probably the culprit. Is her morning nap unusually long when she goes down?

This is my guess...my lo is only 5 months so I'm not there yet. But based on other threads I've read through, and the age of your lo, it seems like this is what's happening. I'm sure other moms would be able to help more than I can!

*HUGS*
Sonya =P

Texbook/Angel LO
April 26, 2005

Offline Jaime

• Queen of the Wicker People
  • Administrator
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 941
    • Laughable Lunacy
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2005, 20:42:32 pm »
hmmm.... i always counted jaina's wake up time as the time i got her out of the crib.  that being said, though, she always went down for a morning nap at 9am whether she got up at 6:30am or 8am!  i think her sleep clock was just that well set. 

that morning nap was only ever an hour though, and she has always logged good naps in the afternoon.

if your lo has always seemed to need 2 really good naps instead of a short one and a long one you could try and move the first one sooner.  you could also play with shortening the first nap and moving the 2nd one a little sooner, but in hopes that it will eventually be longer.

sorry this is all over the place... kind of trying to think as i type!  :lol: hopefully there are some ideas you can use in there.
Jaime
~~~
DD - Textbook
DS - Touchy/Grumpy