Author Topic: every 2 hours!!!!  (Read 1025 times)

Offline Lacey

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
every 2 hours!!!!
« on: September 28, 2005, 17:55:46 pm »
hi, my 4 week old daughter has suddenly gone back to wanting to eatt every 2 hhours! she did this at first, by the end of the second week she was going about 3 hours between feeds and sleeping 4-6 hours at night between feeds. and the past couple of days she's been wanting to eat every 2-3 hours at night and every 2 hours in thhe day.... its very wearing.... i try giving hher a pacifier between feeds thinking she might just want to suckle... but she won't take it. her feeds are a goood length of time, at lleast 20-45 minutes. am i not supplying enoughh milk? she;s been gaining weight steadily. went from 7lbs 14 oz in the fiist week to 10 lbs 4oz by the 3rd week.
and, she always falls asleep on the breast by the end of her feed. i wake her up for a little before i try to put her down for a nap, but shhe won't go back to slleep until hher next feed.

any advice???

Offline GraceKellysmom

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 104
every 2 hours!!!!
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2005, 18:38:43 pm »
She sounds like she may be going through her growth spurt. Keep on feeding her as often as she requests to increase your supply - no supplemental bottles during this time please. Most babies at this age will finish a growth spurt in 2-7 days, when allowed to nurse more frequently. (7 days is very rare!)
Stacy, Mama to
Grace Kelly 01/03, Maximilian Alexander 07/04, Faith Noelle 03/07, Henry Patrick 12/08
and my angel babies