Author Topic: Help me please. Jane are you out there???????  (Read 1267 times)

Offline momofnewbaby

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 5
Help me please. Jane are you out there???????
« on: September 28, 2005, 19:58:57 pm »
I'm officially a prop now, since she will not settle herself. I am getting two good naps (1.15-1.30 hours each), but I have to settle her after her 30 minutes. Her nights are a different matter altogether. She was sleeping thru' so well at night, and now, out of the blue, she is up at 9, until 11, YES 11, and whatever we might do, she just talks and babbles, and does not go back to sleep. She started to stand this week, thats one. She's teething, that's two.

I try to keep her pretty close to schedule. Why is everything out the window then? Why the sudden night wakings? And her naps, will she ever get past the 30 minute mark? I'm exhauseted right now. My back hurts from bending over the crib so much.

I've tried not to go in at all, but now that just results in screaming. We have tried upto two hours at night to put her down, she shtands right back up. Then obviously she gets overtired, and then she starts crying.

Please Please help me. I am getting extremely frustrated.

Any advice would be hugely appreciated.

Sumita
Mother of a textbook/touchy baby

Offline Livvismum

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 4
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2005, 20:19:23 pm »
Hi there {{{{MASSIVE HUGS}}}} I know where you are right now. My dd was the same at 9 months and that's when we started to do pu/pd as I was about to go back to work and needed her to try and sleep through at least a few times a week!

All I can say is it teeth and development. Some nights Liv wouldn't get upset as a result of her teeth but they were obvioulsy making her uncomfortable and she just wanted company as she couldn't sleep - hence the chit chatting - I think she was trying to engage me so that I wouldn't leave her alone - often at 0100 - 0300. All I would do was to reassure her with words and some pat/ssh and if she was really wired to sit in a chair until she started to sooth herself (suck her thumb).

You will get past the 30min naps it takes some longer than others (we had 45min naps for so long - now she does 2-3hrs in the morning and that gets her through the day)

It's such a busy time for them we sometimes we forget all that is going on. Just remember to be consistent and as soon as the teeth pain starts to subside (if that's what it is) then she should get back into her pattern.

Hope that helps until Jane can get to you

Sara

Offline momofnewbaby

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 5
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2005, 20:39:46 pm »
Thanks Sara. I know so much is going on with her. Still, just when it seems things are fine, something new pops up, and all the hard work is out the window. I will try to keep a postive outlook, and help her in whatever way she needs me.

Jane has been very kind to me in the past, hence my cry for her. I know all of you are wonderful, and have helped me keep my sanity, and tune in to my dd, like I never thought myself capable of. Thankyou so much Sara. Now I know of one more person, who will come to my rescue, when I am in distress.

Will keep coming back in the next few days to let you know how we're doing.

Thanks again.

Sumita
Mother of a textbook/touchy baby

Offline Livvismum

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 4
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2005, 20:47:42 pm »
Sumita. You're doing a wonderful job, it's such a hard thing being a parent and harder for some - I really struggled up until Liv was about 11/12 months and it started getting easier from there. It's so hard to stay positive when you sleep deprived. We're going through it again cos of molars and vamp teeth but I now know it will pass as we've been here before.

I'm away over the weekend so if you post and I don't respond you'll know why. Will be back around on Monday evening (UK time)

keep strong
sara