Author Topic: 7 months old, need sleep/schedule advice  (Read 1159 times)

Offline kal

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« on: September 29, 2005, 16:56:24 pm »
My DS is almost 7 months old and I'm working on getting him on a more consistant schedule, I feel like now that he's eating three meals a day that the whole day is sort of thrown off and I need to come up with a new rountine, any advice? Does anyone know how long he should be able to stay up now without getting overtired??
Also, I'm scared to drop the DF, when is best to do this or can I continue it? Thanks

4 or 5 am- 5oz bottle (back to bed)
630 or 7am- Wake
8am- Cereal and Fruit plus 5oz bottle
9am- Nap
12pm- Fruit and Veg plus 5 oz bottle
1pm-Nap
3pm- 5 oz bottle
530pm- Veg and Fruit
7pm- 4 oz bottle and bed
10pm- 5 oz DF bottle

Offline GraceKellysmom

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 104
7 months old, need sleep/schedule advice
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2005, 02:29:17 am »
His schedule looks really good! Is he taking two 2 hr naps? I'm not sure if this is more of a bottlefeeding question, but can you try to increase his day time bottles and skip out the dreamfeed? I guess if you skip the df, you'll find out what happens!  :wink:
Stacy, Mama to
Grace Kelly 01/03, Maximilian Alexander 07/04, Faith Noelle 03/07, Henry Patrick 12/08
and my angel babies

Offline kal

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2005, 12:19:15 pm »
Thanks, I wish he was taking two 2hr nap, the morning might be 1 1/2 and the afternoon 1 if I'm lucky!!

Offline GraceKellysmom

• Showing Appreciation 104
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2005, 19:00:47 pm »
The only thing I can suggest is make sure you're not giving him too much solids. Milk (formula) should be the majority of his diet until 9-12 months old.

If he still needs a 30 min cat nap in the evening, give him one. I had to do that for quite some time, I would just wake Max up after 30 min. It helped him not be so overtired and he would sleep better at night. HTH
Stacy, Mama to
Grace Kelly 01/03, Maximilian Alexander 07/04, Faith Noelle 03/07, Henry Patrick 12/08
and my angel babies

Offline branwen

• Showing Appreciation 21
« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2005, 22:57:26 pm »
I wanted to say that the awake time kind of depends on your lo.  :D My dd still gets three naps.  She just needs that much sleep...so every two hrs I offer a nap, sometimes they are 2 hrs sometimes 45 min.

I agree that your schedule looks good!  Something to think of before you end the dream feed is trying to work on getting rid the 4am feed- so he can go from 10 to 6:30...and then more towards 8 or 9 months try to cut the dream feed back.  Many moms on the Jan/Feb thread are just now cutting back the dream feed.
Branwen
Mama to Eirwen 1/22/05