Author Topic: 12mos. old waking earlier now  (Read 1344 times)

Offline dmills

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 4
« on: September 29, 2005, 19:11:48 pm »
Hi.  My ds just turned one and for the past few mornings is waking earlier than usual.  He is still on two naps(needs them) and goes down around 7 pm.  He always woke at 6:00am and would chat until about 6:30 when we would get him up and feed him.  But the past few mornings he is waking as early as 5am.  He will talk, then whine, sometimes eventually going back to sleep after an hour or so.  :(  He is just now starting to cut teeth and is just now taking his first steps.  Do you think these things could be the cause or do we need to try a later bedtime?

HELP!!
dmills

Offline Flo&Hugosmum

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2005, 19:28:11 pm »
My 19 month old did exactly the same at various points.  I would definitely say don't change the bed time.  They just seem to go through these phases, and I do think the teeth thing plays a big part.

It's a funny stage from now until they drop the morning nap (which they will still occasionally need after a BIG day).

If it's unacceptably early I used to go in and either give a small feed if I thought she was hungry or a dose of calpol if I thought it was teeth (- all in the dark with no talking etc) and then put her back to bed.  There were sometimes a few tears but I felt better knowing that she wasn't hungry/ in pain.  Invariably she would then wake at about 7/7:30 full of beans.

In other words stick with it, and as long as you treat it still as night they will learn to as well.

Offline Costarican mom

• Showing Appreciation 15
12mos. old waking earlier now
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2005, 22:40:22 pm »
My son's sleeping pattern went haywire around this time was well, due to teeth and walking... at least that's my take on it...and we're still struggling with it.  I've come to realize with babies, it's always something!  :?
My best advice is don't change anything...ride it out as usual until the teething is done.... chances are, u'll go back to normal.  Good luck!

Offline dmills

• Showing Appreciation 4
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2005, 15:51:14 pm »
Thank you!
dmills

Offline Alison_3

• Showing Appreciation 95
« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2005, 23:56:51 pm »
Right there with you...my ds is almost one year old (I CAN'T BELIEVE IT!!)  We start our nighttime routine around 7:00 and then he is usually asleep by 7:30-7:40.  He was sleeping until 6:00 a.m.  Now it's 5:00 a.m.!  He is working on walking.  He took 10 steps in a row tonight! :D   In addition he is working on his 6th tooth. 

I really hope the combo of walking and teething are the reasons for this early waking!  He doesn't nap well anymore either.  Then he is just miserable because he's so tired.  I'm not sure what to do!

I hope your little one starts sleeping a little later for you!  I'm really nervous about the time change coming up...can't imagine getting up at 4:00 a.m.!

url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]

[/url]

Offline Meg's Mom

• Showing Appreciation 30
  • our girls
12mos. old waking earlier now
« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2005, 02:50:32 am »
babyben - me too, right there in the same boat:

started walking, waking earlier (was 8, now 7, today 6.45), dreading the time change, 2 to 1 transition is the pits!

Flo&Hugosmum - i hope your right!