Author Topic: when drop a feeding (going from 4 to 3)  (Read 3608 times)

Offline NKmommy

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 45
  • AKA Nathan'smommy
when drop a feeding (going from 4 to 3)
« Reply #15 on: October 01, 2005, 23:22:59 pm »
Hi!  Our schedule used to look like:
7 - bottle
8- breakfast
9:30 - nap
11 - bottle
12 - lunch
2 - nap
3:30 - bottle
5 - dinner
7 - bottle and bed

Now, our schedule looks like this:
7 - bottle
8 - breakfast
9:30 - nap
11 - lunch
1:30 - bottle
2 - nap
3:30  - snack
5 - dinner
7 - bottle and bed

Since we switched his 90 min naps have gone to about 45-60 min.   :(   But I guess I will just keep at it, and see how he does.

How is it going for you?!?
Sheila
ng

Offline mommy2two

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 2
« Reply #16 on: October 02, 2005, 00:55:25 am »
why do you think the naps got shorter? He is having a bottle before the 2nd nap, so you would think that would keep him from waking from hunger. Any ideas why this is happening? Also, what "snacks" are you giving him? Right now the only foods my dd seems to eat besides Earth's Best veggies in a jar are Yo Baby, cheese, grilled cheese, bananas, cheerios, cheese quesadilla and I think that is about all she has liked so far. Not exactly a balanced diet :). I try to make sure to give her veggies at every meal even if it is from the jar. A lot of times I have to add a little of the Yo Baby to the veggies to get her to eat them. This is a new thing. Since tasting all the other new foods, veggies are not as yummy I guess! Our current schedule looks a lot like your old one.

Offline NKmommy

• AKA Nathan'smommy
« Reply #17 on: October 02, 2005, 02:39:12 am »
I don't know for sure why his naps are shorter, but he has a lot going on right now.  We are experimenting with weaning him from his reflux meds, he has thrush again  :( , and I think he is teething.  I think I will just stick it out for at least the next week and see how things go.

Hmmm, let me think of snacks he eats.  He loves those Gerber Banana Cereal Snackin Squarers, pieces of rice cake, pieces of pancake, cheerios, rice chex or crispies.  It is hard for me to make sure he gets a balanced diet also.  He gets some fruit with his breakfast cereal.  He also eats a ton of Yo-Baby Yogurt.  He likes watermelon, and loves eating fruit out of those net feeders.  To get veggies in him at dinner, I have to make sure I distract him with a finger food that he likes while I spoon in veggies.  For example, tonight he ate pieces of chicken and rice (most ended up on the floor) from our dinner while I spooned in a jar of mixed veggies. 

So are you sticking with 4 bottles for a while longer?
Sheila
ng

Offline mommy2two

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 2
« Reply #18 on: October 02, 2005, 02:51:22 am »
the need to distract while feeding sounds familiar! My dd loves Yo Baby so much that when she refuses her veggies, I just hold the Yo Baby container in front of her while I scoop veggies from the jar on the counter and she eats them thinking I am feeding her the Yo Baby! I wonder how long till she catches on? It is so funny!!

Offline NKmommy

• AKA Nathan'smommy
« Reply #19 on: October 02, 2005, 03:04:28 am »
Ha!  As long as it works, keep doing it!!!  To get DS to eat veggies, I scoop up the veggies in a metal teaspoon, and I tap the spoon on the edge of the jar.  So I go tap, tap, tap, tap, tap, tap, and then put it up to his mouth.  He will instantly open his mouth for me!  Then I do it all over again.  I don't know if he is hypnotized by it or what, but it is so funny that it works! 

Geez, the things we do to get them to eat...   :wink:
Sheila
ng

Offline mommy2two

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 2
« Reply #20 on: October 02, 2005, 03:27:57 am »
that is so funny! You are like a magician. Tap Tap Tap and the baby opens his mouth.