Author Topic: Going on a Trip  (Read 1891 times)

Offline sandraorion

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 93
  • Albuquerque, NM
Going on a Trip
« on: September 30, 2005, 14:12:20 pm »
For the lack of better place, here it is.

We are going away for the weekend tonight, a 4-5 hour car drive. We'll be staying in a hotel. This is the first time to take Adrian on a long car ride and in a hotel. (We went to visit family couple of times and we were flying).

Anyway, we were thinking about leaving an hour or two before his bedtime tonight. I plan on having dinner, let him run around a bit and then leave. He can have his bedtime snack and milk in the car and hopefully he'll drift off.

Now, do I change him to his pijama and sleeper before we leave, when we get to the hotel or on the road? I suspect that he will wake up when we get to the hotel and will need to be put down again, but there is a remote posibility that he'll be sleepy and won't wake up.

What do you guys think?

Thanks.
Sandra, mom to Adrian - July 30th, 2004 and Nina December 4th, 2007

stasztk

Going on a Trip
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2005, 19:05:32 pm »
What did you end up doing?

Offline sandraorion

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 93
  • Albuquerque, NM
Going on a Trip
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2005, 13:10:24 pm »
:)

Well, we left at 5:30pm. I dressed him in comfortable clothes that he could sleep in if need be (sweat pants and a t-shirt). He had an odd day and cried and fussed in the car for an hour until he fell asleep. :( An early bed time.

He woke up at about 9pm totally fascinated by the car at night. He laughed and played and stayed awake and happy until we arrived. When we got there, I gave him a snack (it was already 10:30 at this point), let him get used to the place and then did the usual bedtime routine. He was asleep by 11:30pm and slept through.

On the way back, we left around 5pm. This time he was happy and playful in the car until he got a tired. A bit of fussing and he was asleep around 8pm. We got home around 10pm and I managed to put a sleeper on him and set him in the crib without waking up. He slept until 7 this morning. I feel guilty about having him sleep in a shirt tha he was in whole day and with a direty diper, but really didn't want to wake him up.

Thanks for asking. :)
Sandra, mom to Adrian - July 30th, 2004 and Nina December 4th, 2007