Author Topic: fussing during wind-down before naps? Here's a tip...  (Read 1352 times)

Offline mommyof2boys

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 0
fussing during wind-down before naps? Here's a tip...
« on: September 30, 2005, 18:12:36 pm »
I just thought this little bit of info would be helpful to anyone going through pre-nap fussies...

My son is just over 7 weeks and I've noticed a new pattern over the last several days.  It'll be about time for bed and I'll swaddle him up and take him to his room for a little singing and time in the rocker.  Lately he's started fussing almost immediately upon starting this routine.  I had been trying to calm him down before putting him in his crib, but then I realized what he was trying to say to me:  "PLEASE stop all this nonsense and put me down so I can sleep!"

So, I've been putting him down, still fussing a bit, and he's been going to sleep within 5 minutes with just a few more fusses... even with the hiccups!  He'll usually go on to sleep 2 hours.

You all may have already figured this out, but I figured I'd throw in my two cents just in case.

Happy napping!
mommy of Graham--August 10, 2005
mommy of Bennett--January 30,2003

Offline CW

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 2
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2005, 18:29:36 pm »
You know, I experienced this as well.  My DS is now 11 months old.  But when he was a few weeks old, he would get very fussy during wind down, etc.  We thought is was reflux.  But looking back, I know it was just his way of saying, enough already, put me down.  He is still that way today, requiring very little in terms of a wind down.  He just wants his blankie and wants to be left alone.  Funny, how it can take a bit of time to figure these guys out!

Offline donna-j

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2005, 11:22:51 am »
My wee boy (7 weeks today) is the same. He just wants to be left alone.

Offline kendra's mom

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2005, 04:06:59 am »
Well I feel better :D !!  I wondered if I wasn't being cuddly enough with my babe but I found that she too seems to settle down better in the crib closer to sleepy time than in my arms!
Kendra Wyonna
Born June 2, 2005