Author Topic: bobbing on and off  (Read 1186 times)

Offline chubec3311

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
bobbing on and off
« on: October 01, 2005, 00:47:25 am »
Hello All.  I am looking for advice for my dd.  She is about 12 weeks old.  I believe that she is nursing well.  She has the wet diapers and BM here and there.  The question that I have is I'm having problems with her bobbing on and off the breast during her feeding.  She will do that until the milk comes down(I have tried to massage my breast to get it down faster) and then when it stops coming fast (at times) she will do it.  If she does it at the end then I will squeeze to empty the breast and she will then nurse again for a few sucks and then again the bobbing  :)   At that time I will put her on the other breast.  I guess what i am asking is...has anyone had this problem and if so how did they get it to stop.  Or am I just being ridiculous? 

Thank you for your help
Becky

annamum

bobbing on and off
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2005, 03:20:18 am »
NO, you are not ridiculous! I know we had a lot of posts with that same question.

She is probably impatient for the milk to start flow fast. When it starts slowing down she gets impatient again. To help with a better flow you can use breast compression to help her get out all milk you have in your breast. Visit http://www.kellymom.com/newman/15breast_compression.html to find out more on it.

If she is so impatient before let-down you could pump and offer her your breast as soon as you get a let-down. That's how many babies act when they are ravenous. I also think that with time she will learn to wait longer and won't bob on and off.

Also, it is such age when they get so interested in their surroundings that they can become distracted and forget to do their "job"  :lol: .