Author Topic: 15 week old - waking every night at 1:30am  (Read 973 times)

Offline Not Sleeping

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
15 week old - waking every night at 1:30am
« on: October 01, 2005, 02:34:55 am »
Quote (selected)
My 15 week old wakes every night at 1:30 am.  She is not really awake - her eyes are still closed but she is fussing around, moving her legs, grabbing her face - you get the idea.  I don't mind the fussy - but she moves around quite a bit and gets herself into the rails of the bed.  Since it is not recommended to have a crib bumber, I am scared she will  hurt her head or her legs, so I go in and move her.

I must admit - I have even taken her back to bed with me after 2 or 3 hours of this routine.

Any advice?

Offline nikipowerssa

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 0
15 week old - waking every night at 1:30am
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2005, 10:04:38 am »
Hi.  My 10week old has always done this - in the day as well as night so Ihave been able to observe her and realise she is not awake.  I have tried using towels folded to support her on either side (lower than her head) as she does this - have to put them besides her very carefully as she wakes easily.  She does push them to the side eventually but I find it gives support for just a few moments - long enough for her to drop off properly again.  I take it your little one is a fidget bottom like mine?  ALWAYS moving around- Izzy does a 180 on the changing mat now using her legs!
mum to izzy - currently 5weeks old