Author Topic: a little scared  (Read 1378 times)

Offline Adamsmum

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 2
a little scared
« on: October 02, 2005, 03:19:36 am »
Last night when my husband went in to check on Adam he had gotten one arm out of his swaddle and had rolled onto his tummy.  FIRST TIME!!  Today he's been rolling on his side towards his tummy but not fully all the way over.  I'm REALLY nervous about still swaddling him for sleep and him rolling over for fear he may not be able to breathe well if he's on his face.  Am I just being paranoid or should I stop swaddling????  He dosen't settle well without the Aussie swaddle but of course I don't want to hinder his arm movement if he needs it.  What should I do???

Offline Jaime

• Queen of the Wicker People
  • Administrator
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 941
    • Laughable Lunacy
a little scared
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2005, 00:38:13 am »
hmmm.... don't think you're being paranoid.... seems to me i remember reading somewhere that if they are tummy sleeping you shouldn't swaddle???

if he can turn over on his own i wouldn't worry as much about him tummy sleeping, but i would probably want to wean the swaddle.

these are just my thoughts, though, and i have no personal experience with this... so hopefully someone else who does will chime in?   :D

HTH a little  :wink:
Jaime
~~~
DD - Textbook
DS - Touchy/Grumpy

Offline cwolff

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 8
a little scared
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2005, 16:47:18 pm »
I would try and wean the swaddle.  I don't know if it's better to go cold turkey or not though.  You could try the one arm out method, and use a positioner to keep him on his back.  Or, you could just unswaddle him and put him on his tummy to begin with and see if he settles to sleep.  Good luck and write and update.

Offline kendallnangie

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 1
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2005, 05:01:34 am »
I had to cut the swaddle out cold turkey. My DD was going through some transitions and wasn't napping well anyhow, so I felt that it was a good time to do it...it lets us kill 2 birds with one stone. Anyhow I would take him out of it for sure. try to just do his body and leave both arms out and see how he does.
Good Luck
by the way I am from the Dallas area and miss it terribly..we now live in AZ, coming up on fall and it is still gets up to over 100!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Angie