Author Topic: He won't eat!  (Read 1436 times)

Offline ~Jency's*Momma~

• ~Adria
  • BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 33
    • WAHM
He won't eat!
« on: October 02, 2005, 15:27:09 pm »
My son has all of a sudden, over night, litterally, decided that he doesn't want to eat during the day (between 9am & 7:00pm) but once to eat every 2-3 hours duringthe night.  I don't think he is confusing his days and nights because he will sleep between the night feedings and only takes 30-60min naps during the day.
What is wrong and what should I do!?!?!
~Adria, wife to Paul 9/7/02
Momma to Jency 6/30/05 & Tesher 12/31/08

Offline Erin (redstarfalling)

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 188
He won't eat!
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2005, 19:15:46 pm »
Likely it's either a nursing strike or teeth. For the former, keep offering (especially when he's just waking up or kind of sleepy) and he might just take it.  If it's teeth - same advice, but you could also try Tylenol about a half hour before a feed. How long has it been going on already?
Erin
Mother to Megan and Samantha

Offline ~Jency's*Momma~

• ~Adria
  • BW Devotee
    • WAHM
He won't eat!
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2005, 14:29:23 pm »
It just started.  He did this 2 days ago and then yesturday I fed him every 3 hours (even though he didn't cry to be fed.  Not sure if he was hungry or not).  He ate every time and would take about 10 min total.  Which is really good for him.  He slept a 4 hour stretch (with a 9:30 interuption of crying for no reason) again but then was up at 12am (we don't do thedream feed because we go to bed around the same time) and then 2am (because of gas but I fed him because I couldn't remember what time I fed him last) and then he woke up at 4:30 for a cry but went back to sleep and then he woke up at 5:30 and I fed him and then he went back down until 7:30.
But then this morning when I tried to feed him at 8am (if I do 3 hours it is right before the nap) but he only took 7 min again and faught me during that.
I don't think he is teething and I don't know why he would be on a strike.
Would it help to not let him eat more then 1 or 2 times during the night?
(the reason we go to bed so early is because DH has to get up at 5:30am so I hate to let Jency cry at all)

Offline ~Jency's*Momma~

• ~Adria
  • BW Devotee
    • WAHM
He won't eat!
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2005, 14:32:10 pm »
I forgot to add that the way he fights me is that he latches on and then pulls away while latched.  He doesn't go all the way out but pulls on it.  He uses his hands and feet and head so I can't get him not to. 
Any ideas on why?

Offline GraceKellysmom

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 104
He won't eat!
« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2005, 18:30:09 pm »
Have you had any luck contacting the lactation consultant?
Stacy, Mama to
Grace Kelly 01/03, Maximilian Alexander 07/04, Faith Noelle 03/07, Henry Patrick 12/08
and my angel babies