Author Topic: rolling onto face and freaking me out!  (Read 1169 times)

Offline me and bean

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 12
rolling onto face and freaking me out!
« on: October 03, 2005, 04:10:22 am »
i'm sure this has been talked about over and over, but my computer is soooooo slow and old, it's driving me nuts searching...

so, hi girls, please advise...

my lo (now 6mths) has just started rolling back to tummy, and can't get back to his back.  i put him down tonight only to hear a muffled cry a short time later, and went in and there he was completely on his face.  i left him to see if he would turn his head, but after 5 mins, he fell asleep without changing position.  his breathing was laboured ie pulling for air in to the mattress.  i turned him over to his back...  waaaaaaaaa... and he fell asleep on it.

do i leave him to figure it out?  or rescue?  i'm quite worried, naturally.
Susan -
mum to michael, aka bean!  april 1st, 2005
and cope, october 15th, 2007

Offline Isom'smom

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 8
  • Tennessee
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2005, 11:16:29 am »
At this point I would totally rescue.  He'll figure it out.  When he's got it figured out he may still want some comfort if he turns over unexpectedly, but he's probably gonna be a tummy sleeper. :wink:

Offline Johno & Aurelias Mum

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 49
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2005, 11:38:15 am »
Make sure you do lots of tummy practice in the daytime so that he gets the hang of turning his head and trying to roll back.

Some ideas would be propping him up on his tummy with a rolled towel under his chest - this gets him to hold his head up.

You can sit on the floor with your legs out in front.  Lay him across your lap and roll him down - my DS found this hilarious.

Lay him on his back on his mat and you crouch over him and roll him from side to side.  Then just roll his legs one way, then the other.
Jenny