Author Topic: Am I asking for trouble?  (Read 1211 times)

Offline kal

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« on: October 03, 2005, 17:23:14 pm »
DS usually wakes for a bottle at 4 or 5am and most times will go back to bed but some mornings just won't and we end up getting up a million times to calm him down so we started just bring him in bed with us till about 7am if he won't settle otherwise he sleeps in him crib at night and for naps, do you thinking I'm asking for trouble doing this?

Offline Maddy's Mum

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 4
    • The Family Website
Am I asking for trouble?
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2005, 19:13:31 pm »
I would definetly recommend implementing PU/PD with DS when he wakes at this time, I know it can seem like it is easier to keep doing what you are doing than to face doing PU/PD at 4am, but believe me, after a few days his routine will change and you shouldn't have to bring him into bed with you - plus doing PU/PD on a 7 month old is heaps easier than doing it when they are 1 year + and the habit is very deeply entrenched!

Good luck
Dee
x

Offline grass_tiger

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
Am I asking for trouble?
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2005, 19:29:30 pm »
If you keep taking him to bed with you then you are teaching him that if he wakes and fusses he will get to sleep with you for a few hours. If you want this to continue that would be fine, but if you don't want him to be like this when he is older than pu/pd is a better idea...the sooner you break him of the habit easier it will be to do.

Offline kal

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2005, 20:12:50 pm »
Thanks for the advice, I've tried pu/pd in the past with DS and he just screamed and cried for an hour, I know most of it had to do with the fact that we got rid of his paci and after we decided to give it back to him I sort of thought it was a waste to do pu/pd...am I wrong here?
Even though he has his paci should I just do pu/pd till he goes back to sleep in the morning? Thanks!

Offline Schae

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 2
Am I asking for trouble?
« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2005, 22:19:44 pm »
Will you mind doing the same when he is older? If not, then I don't see any problem with it.
How does he sleep before the 4/5am waking? If he sleeps through till then, and then you take him to bed with you till 7am, I honestly do not think it's a problem. It's some cuddle time with your child, and babies grow so quickly, if you enjoy the time with him then continue.

BUT, if you don't enjoy it, then you may have to try PU/PD again. Have you tried wake to sleep?
Proud mama to
Luka 22 Feb 2010 Textbook/Spirited
Tiisetso 18 Sep 2010 Textbook/Touchy
and three little angels