Author Topic: sleep signals from 9 month old  (Read 1088 times)

Offline momtomiya

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 0
sleep signals from 9 month old
« on: October 03, 2005, 18:36:39 pm »
Lately I've been having a really tough time trying to get my dd to sleep for naps.  Her awake time seems to go on longer than before, usually 3 hours and I seem to miss her sleep cues  :oops: ... so it all ends with a struggle to get her to nap. 
What kind of sleep cues does your lo give you at this age?  I'm trying to see if my lo does any signals so we can end the "battle of the naps".

Offline momofnewbaby

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 5
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2005, 18:47:52 pm »
sorry momtomia, I don't have any suggestions for u. I just try to keep up with a certain time. Right now, its 10 for the first nap, and three hours from that awake time, so if I get a 45 minute one, then its about 2, otherwise 3.

HTH.

Sumita
Mother of a textbook/touchy baby

Offline cindy_30

• Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2005, 19:17:27 pm »
I know my DS used to pull on his ears or rub his eyes.  Sometimes it was really tough to figure out, especially when he's over stimulated.  Normally, I just go by the time (yes, I'm a clock-watcher), he's up 2 1/2 hours in the morning and 3 hours in the afternoon.  I found that once I started waking him up at the same time everyday and put him down at the same time for naps, he developed his own routine.

Offline momtomiya

• Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2005, 19:22:02 pm »
I am trying to follow a daily routine for naps, bottles and food.  Her first nap is 10 but sometimes she just won't sleep until 11:00!  (She wakes up at 6:00) That's why I thought maybe she is giving me new sleep signals and I'm totally missing them and then we have a nap battle.  She goes to sleep for her second nap around 2 or 3, or sometims 4 or 5. At this point it's just a catnap so she can get to sleep by 7 - 7:30. 

Maybe I'm not giving her much of a nap wind down or routine?? :?
I guess I need to start watching what I do with her before nap time to see if she is getting too much stimuli and not the right nap cues from mommy.