Author Topic: Taking naps at Nanna's house  (Read 1104 times)

Offline CW

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 2
Taking naps at Nanna's house
« on: October 03, 2005, 19:22:14 pm »
Hi Ladies,

Just wanted some advice for my 11 month old DS.  Since day one, most of his naps are at home in his crib.  On a rare occasion, he has napped in his stroller or in the car.  On our vacation this summer, we sort of "recreated" his room environment and he napped great.

A couple of weeks ago, we visited my mom (Donovan's nanna) one afternoon.  She only lives about 30 minutes away.  We left right after Donovan woke from his morning nap (around 11ish).  We had a nice visit with Nanna, and Donovan easily took a nice long afternoon nap (2:30-4:30) in a packn'play in a darkened room).  It was a great treat to see him nap so easily elsewhere. 

I guess I was feeling kind of cocky, because we tried again the week after...big disaster, as he cried off and on for 30 mins.  Then again this weekend with similar results...fussed, moaned and cried for 30 mins.  In both cases, I finally went to him and got him up, missing his afternoon naps. 

Any idea as to why he napped so well the first visit, then hasn't since then?  Any tips on ways to encourage a nap on following visits?

We're struggling with afternoon naps in general right now, so I'm not sure if it's even realistic.  But it was just so nice to visit Nanna and have him nap to easily!

Advice?

Offline momofnewbaby

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 5
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2005, 19:27:09 pm »
You say your'e struggling with afternoon naps in general, and he is 11 months old, so my guess is he is trying to transition to one nap. Although I myslef haven't reached that stage yet, but from the knowledge I have gathered from reading various other posts, that would be my guess.

Anyone else, please, correct me if I am wrong.

Sumita
Mother of a textbook/touchy baby