Author Topic: 5 1/2 month old waking every 45 min - 1 hour  (Read 1100 times)

Offline Claire Marie's mommy

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 1
5 1/2 month old waking every 45 min - 1 hour
« on: October 04, 2005, 13:35:03 pm »
Hello,
Last night my  5 1/2 month old dd woke every 45 min to an hour crying.  I thought maybe it was a growth spurt and fed her at 10:30, but she didn't eat much.  I thought maybe it was teething so I gave her tylenol.  She still woke.  I was able to soothe with pat/shh some of the time, but by 3 am I was so tired, I nursed her at 3 and at  5 am.  She ate well at 5 and then was up for the day at 6:15.  It seemed that she was having trouble making it through the transitions.  I gave her time to see if she would resettle.  Only worked once.   I did notice that she would stop crying when I came in the room or picked her up :roll:  Could this be separation anxiety so early???  This morning she doesn't seem uncomfortable and doesn't have a temp.  I can't see or feel any teeth coming in.  What is this??? How do I handle this if it happens again tonight, I'm afraid it will because I fed her so much last night.  :(
Any advice?
ps  She usually sleeps great from 7pm to 2:30, so something definately woke her up!
Thanks
Jessica

Offline GraysonsMommy

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2005, 17:37:38 pm »
OMG! Us too!!  But our 4 month old son has had an ear infection, although, he's been on antibiotics for 7 days so he should be better by now.  I don't know what to do anymore!  My DH and I are beside ourselves.  We've had this happen on a few occassions, it seems to be getting worse rather than better.  I don't feel any sharpness coming through his gums and there is no redness or swelling, but they definately hurt him when he bites down on something.  Could all of this be related to teething?  It's going to be a long ride, if so!

Jessica (also!)
Grayson born 5/28/05
A Spirited and slightly Touchy little guy

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a214/luckylot1999/6f36d4a2.jpgimg07610qs.th.jpg[/img][/URL]

Offline Claire Marie's mommy

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 1
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2005, 20:29:19 pm »
Hey Jessica :lol: ,
Sorry to hear that you're having the same problems.  I think DH and I had a total of 4 hours of sleep last night.  It feel like my eyes are bleeding :shock: I don't know what to do either.  I hate to do PU/PD with  her if she's teething, but I am also so afraid to start any accidental parenting.  Its such a fine line.  Last night was so uncharacteristic of her, but today she seems fine :?  We didn't do anything out of the ordinary yesterday.  A totally normal day with naps, outings ect.  I have no idea what set this off.   I agree, if this is teething, we're in for it! 

Jessica