Author Topic: Bath tub question  (Read 1404 times)

Offline CaedensMama

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 166
    • Hand Full of Blessings
Bath tub question
« on: October 04, 2005, 17:54:51 pm »
Don't know if this is the best place for this but.......

When did you move your LO from the little tub to the "big tub" - Caeden is getting kinda big for the small one, but still isn't sitting on his own and I hestitate to move him into the big one with him so "floppy" still. The small bath at least provides sides and some stablity for him.

Just wondering  :D
Jen
Mama to:
Caeden (6/05)
Colm (3/07)
Alannah (11/08)
Tadhg (8/10)
and Ailish due Sept 16, 2011

Offline evanskimberley

• Showing Appreciation 118
  • Kent, GB
Bath tub question
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2005, 18:01:55 pm »
We went into big bath at about 4mo with a bath support till she could sit up in her bath seat.
Kimberley

Offline CaedensMama

• Showing Appreciation 166
    • Hand Full of Blessings
Bath tub question
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2005, 18:04:01 pm »
What kind of bath support did you use? I have seen those "round" ones they sit in, but he can't really sit up even that well yet.....
Jen
Mama to:
Caeden (6/05)
Colm (3/07)
Alannah (11/08)
Tadhg (8/10)
and Ailish due Sept 16, 2011

Offline evanskimberley

• Showing Appreciation 118
  • Kent, GB
Bath tub question
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2005, 18:12:09 pm »
No the round ones can only be use when they're sitting up. We had an oval shaped flat bean bag that she lay on and you could hold up one end to keep her as up right as you want. I've also seen foam ones and satnd alone ones that have a wire support so you can go hands free!
Kimberley

Offline fleadle

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 9
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2005, 19:20:14 pm »
Our Baby Imogen, has been in the big tub from day one...we originally got a Tummy Tub which she hated so we had no other choice than to use the big tub one night.

I lay her down in the bath with my hand & arm under her neck/head & then hold onto her shoulder/upper arm, I have the water high enough to go half way up her tummy & so her tush stays on the bottom of the tub.

I think this lying down position keeps her warm too, so bathtime can last longer & relax her before bed.

I was scared she would wriggle at first, but even at 3 months she I find her quite easy to hold while she splashes kicks around....

She absolutely loves bathtime now!

Nikki~Nathan&Danielle

Bath tub question
« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2005, 23:47:14 pm »
Yep, we do the same as the above poster in the big bath.  At almost 7mths she can now sit up and I just have a hand around her back and tucked in under her armpit.

Offline Ennypen

• Showing Appreciation 1033
  • My family x
    • my facebook
Bath tub question
« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2005, 12:27:48 pm »
We have bathed William in the big bath right from birth using a wonderful bath seat/slope which he lies on - its at a good angle to help me wash his head/hair without water going into his eyes, it allows easy access to his body to wash him andit leaves both hands completely free to play with toys, wash him etc. It also sticks to the bottom of the bath so its nice and secure.

I'll attach a picture of him in it when he was tiny so you can see - hes a lot lot bigger now and still fits in it. Im going to get one of the sit up type of bath chairs as soon as he is ready to sit up more. (pic deleted to make room! H xx)

Oh we have a tummy tub - its wonderful if hes gassy and needs the comfort of the warm water to help a tummy ache but its pretty rubbish for washing him properly as I just havent got enough hands!

Helen xx

Offline nicb

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
Bath tub question
« Reply #7 on: October 23, 2005, 23:52:08 pm »
My 9.5 month old DD is still in the little tub - its just a plain baby tub with a flat bottom, nothing fancy. Until she was 3 months old, she lay on one of those removeable terry cloth slings. Then she started to prefer sitting up in the tub, and that's how she still is - she's crawling all over the place and pulling up to stand, but has never made any attempt to stand up in or get out of her tub. I also take her in the shower with me a couple of times a week. When I visited my grandmother (so I didn't have the baby tub), I bathed her in the big tub with myself in there too (killed two birds with one stone!!). Anyway, the reason we haven't moved her to our big tub yet is our tub is disgusting, old and mucky and we can't get it properly clean. Our whole bathroom is bad, and we are getting it renovated early in the New Year, and we just don't want to bath her in the yucky tub. Also, we have sliding glass doors on a frame, and the frame would dig into my stomach as I leaned over  - its just not a good set up, so we're waiting until we renovate.
Nic
Mum to Madelyn - January 7, 2005