Author Topic: No sleep issues?  (Read 1201 times)

Offline milliesmaw

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 8
No sleep issues?
« on: October 04, 2005, 20:58:47 pm »
Ok - this is an irrelevant post but I've been obsessing about sleep all day and for the past 9 weeks and am curious. DD was very difficult to get to sleep until I took action at 4 months - and had numerous night wakings till over a year. DS sleeps better at night but is getting more tricky to put down and I'm working like crazy on his daytime napping as he's so grisly if he doesn't sleep and has difficulty getting to sleep during the day.

DH has a 14 year old son who he tells me "just needed a cuddle and would go straight to sleep."  :evil: 

I guess this is the wrong board for this question but I wondered how many people out there can just lay their LOs down in the crib awake and they go to sleep and have never ever had to do any form of sleep training??

I'm jealous :lol:
Jo

Mum to Millie
4th November 2003
and Benjamin
31 July 2005

Offline M&M'sMom

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 1
    • http://www.babiesonline.com/babies/t/thomastwinsicles/
No sleep issues?
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2005, 21:15:35 pm »
I have never had an issue with my girls... I had a bad napper at 3 months ( for a week only), but it was my fault for trying to make them sleep downstairs with me in their playpen... once they were in their cribs full time they have been excellent. I don't think god would give me bad sleepers- I lack enough sleep as it is just having two! I hope your sleep issues will subside- heres to wishing you 12 full hours of sleep- IN A ROW!

Jody
Maisie Lyn Caroline (angel)
March 19/05 6:16 am
Makaylee Lyn Jennifer (angel)
March 19/05 6:21 am

Offline amheusser

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 30
  • West Michigan
    • Logos Academy
Re: No sleep issues?
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2005, 16:58:18 pm »
Quote from: milliesmaw
DH has a 14 year old son who he tells me "just needed a cuddle and would go straight to sleep."  :evil: 

Either mom did the work & dad never knew about it, or he's blocked it out.  I've already forgotten most of our sleep issues with dd1, just 2 years older, so I can't apply my experience to dd2.  :roll:   Some babies are easier than others, just because of their temperament, but they ALL go through tough stages.  Hang in there, and eventually you'll forget too....  Better yet, send your dh in to put the baby down! :wink:
Aubrey
-------------------------------

Offline Johno & Aurelias Mum

• Showing Appreciation 49
No sleep issues?
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2005, 18:07:24 pm »
I think you go through times when they are great and really tough times depending on where they are with development. 

So I've been through times where I can just lie him down but I've been through times where I did PU/PD all the way through to the next feed.

What worked for us is just being consistent through all those times and as they get older what could have turned into really bad times are usually headed off by quick action.
Jenny

Offline Arwyn's mom

• Showing Appreciation 15
  • Arwyn -- April 5th, 2005
No sleep issues?
« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2005, 19:09:53 pm »
We also have our ups and downs. When we started sleep training, we followed Tracy's advice in the book and gradually started putting Arwyn down in the different stages of sleep. Now, I put her down awake and she can fall asleep in her crib... sometimes. For instance, yesterday, she put herself to sleep for nap #2. Today, she needed me to pat her to sleep.

Some days are better than others. Yesterday, I pat/shushed for 45 minutes to extend a nap and was rewarded with another 1hr 30 min. Some days I can pat/shush straight through the rest of the nap time.

Good luck... and I agree with Aubrey... send DH in there to put your lo down.
Ankie
Burnaby, B.C. Canada