Author Topic: The bottle is back...aaarrrggg!!!  (Read 1192 times)

Offline Samismum

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 3
The bottle is back...aaarrrggg!!!
« on: October 05, 2005, 00:56:58 am »
Hello,

I thought i had sucessfully gotten rid of 13mth old ds bottle before bed 10 days ago...i was so happy as he was drinking more milk from the nuby (was just taking min before)

Anyway,about 2 days after the bottle had gone we went to 1 nightwaking and a 5am start....i couldnt figure out what was happening as he would normally go to bed 7 til 6.30...

i started to think maybe he was missing the bottle :roll:  as when dh went away with work for 2wks ds did exactly the same thing and went back to normal the night dh returned  :roll:  :roll:

so last night 10days after getting rid of bottle it was BACK  :oops:  :oops:  and low and behold  ds sleep returned to normal.

Has anyone experienced this?  maybe he was too young? I cant explain it....he wasnt hungry as was drinking more from the nuby...is it possible he really missed the bottle like he missed daddy??

Offline Mariek

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 225
  • If the Beatles had read Hunter
    • My Blog: Protect The Cookie!
The bottle is back...aaarrrggg!!!
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2005, 10:10:44 am »
Hi

It could be a comfort thing (but strange that it would happen after 10 days). Does he have a comforter/lovey?? You could try to introduce that rather than the bottle to see if that helps. Maybe a blanket or a stuffed toy.

My DD has a cuski ( http://www.cuski.co.uk/ ) which works great for her - you just know the person who invented these made a mint!!  :roll: . We have a rule though that Cuski lives in her bed and looks after it when she's not there so he doesn't come out of the bedroom - we had that from day one so she's cool with leaving it in there now and doesn't want to drag it around everywhere with her.

love
Marie