Author Topic: Not sure what is happening  (Read 1669 times)

Offline Tori's Mom

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 6
« on: October 05, 2005, 14:16:48 pm »
OK, for the past 2 weeks my DD has been waking every 3-4 hours to eat.  The wakings are not at the same times every night!  I know she is due for a growth spurt and she has lengthened in the past couple of days, but I didn't know it went on for 2 weeks!  I have also had my period for the past 2 weeks  :x  due to pill issues!  I don't know if my supply is just that low that she needs to eat more often.  The night wakings do not change if I feed her as often as she likes or if I am strict with the 4 hour feeds.  She also has 3 solid meals a day and is eating 3/4 to 1 jar at a sitting (stage 2).  She has never slept through the night but was starting to go 6-7 hour stretches and I want those back!
Any advice would be appreciated!
Jacki
Mom to Tori   3/13/05

Offline Joey'sMom

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 27
Not sure what is happening
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2005, 14:21:54 pm »
I'm not a doctor or anything, but my OBGYN told me that being on the pill dries up your milk supply.  That could be a possibility, though everyone is different.
Mary Pat

Offline Tori's Mom

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 6
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2005, 16:49:08 pm »
I am actually on the mini pill that doesn't have estrogen.  It is supposed to be safe for BFing but am not sure.
Jacki
Mom to Tori   3/13/05

Offline GraceKellysmom

• Showing Appreciation 104
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2005, 19:31:27 pm »
The mini pill can still cause problems for some women with their milk supply. Do you have any other options? (I do NFP if you have any questions about it)

My lo's also woke up a ton for milestones. Right before they started sitting up, crawling, pulling up, walking. The would wake up a ton at night and my ds always wanted to nurse back to sleep at night. Frustrating!  :?
Stacy, Mama to
Grace Kelly 01/03, Maximilian Alexander 07/04, Faith Noelle 03/07, Henry Patrick 12/08
and my angel babies

Offline corderh

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2005, 13:08:42 pm »
Not consolation but I know exctaly how you feel as my little one who is 5 months and 3 weeks old is doing exactly the same and I have plenty of milk. She feeds every three hours throught the night and I am about to go back to work. Don't know how I will manage.
A good way to see if your DD gets a lot of milk is to check how wet the nappies are especially throught the night when there is no solid to interfere. Let me know how you are getting on.
Helene Corder

Offline AvasMom

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2005, 13:45:17 pm »
This past Monday night was the first time in months where Ava got up about every three hours if not more then that. Last night she woke up 5 times! Sometimes she wants to nurse and sometimes just a little drink. And when I put her back in her crib she is fine and goes right to bed. I'm not sure what to think. Maybe a growth spurt or maybe a tooth is finally coming through. It brings back memories of when she was first born and me being so tired I walk into walls HAHA
Ava Grace born April 7, 2005

Offline Tori's Mom

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 6
« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2005, 15:35:00 pm »
Well, there may be other issues at hand.....Last night my dd threw up for the first time  :(   What a horrible, helpless feeling!  She is still very whiney today and when I touch her bottom gums she crys.  I think it is teething but we also had a big cold front come into our area last night (finally!) and I don't know if that could have affected her.  She doesn't have a temperature but you can tell she doesn't feel good.
I know what you mean about the sleep deprivation.  I haven't slept more than a 5 hour stretch in at least 8 months (pregnancy wasn't easy sleeping either!).  I walk into walls, can't focus and start tons of projects and run out of steam to finish them.  It is soooo frusterating  :x   Anyway, I keep telling myself that she has until the end of the year and then she will only get water at night!  Boy.....that will be a fun week or two!
Good luck to you all and if anyone else has any suggestions, I would love to hear them!
Jacki
Mom to Tori   3/13/05

Offline GraceKellysmom

• Showing Appreciation 104
« Reply #7 on: October 06, 2005, 18:22:03 pm »
try to console her the best you can at night and only feed her if she is hungry. I know sometimes it is hard to tell. Does she suck her thumb or paci? That may help.

When they aren't feeling well, all we can do as moms is love them even more and give lots of snuggles. Try to keep your schedule slower if you think she is ill, and keep things as consistant as you can.
Stacy, Mama to
Grace Kelly 01/03, Maximilian Alexander 07/04, Faith Noelle 03/07, Henry Patrick 12/08
and my angel babies