Author Topic: What is your nap routine?  (Read 1381 times)

Offline mstormin

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« on: October 03, 2005, 14:41:37 pm »
Can you share your wind down routine for nap time with me?
Also, at what stage is your DC when you lay them down (fully awake, drowsy, etc).

TIA!

Offline hana1978

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 2
What is your nap routine?
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2005, 08:25:54 am »
Ive recently changed my wind down routine and its working wonders - i saw an immediate differance!  I basically lay with him on our bed with the lights down very low for 15mins just singing and talking quietly to him, he likes to touch and explore my face which is soo cute and ill also give him one of his favourate soft toys to cuddle.  After 15min i lay him down in his cot wide awake but clearly tierd.  Sometimes he falls asleep staight away without a peep, other times i may have to help him with a little shh/patt but it doesnt normally take long.  Leading up to nap time i turn the telly off so the living room is queit and just sit and play with him.
x
Hana.xx

Offline Aarismom

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 13
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2005, 13:10:03 pm »
Lately I've been doing a little bit of floor play in her room for 10 minutes or so. It's pretty low key; I usually massage her a little bit which she enjoys because she's a little ticklish. As soon as she turns on the fussy spout I pick her up and rock her a little bit in our rocking chair. When she's ready to be put in bed, she sticks her thumb in her mouth, snuggles up against me, and just stairs to the side. If I don't put her in at that point, she'll usually look up at me, give a little fuss, and then go back to sucking her thumb. When I put her in the crib I lay my hand on her back for maybe 30 seconds, then leave the room and let her fall asleep on her own. Usually she has absolutely no trouble going down...it's just getting past the 40 min mark that she has trouble with!

*HUGS*
Sonya =P

Texbook/Angel LO
April 26, 2005

Offline thitz

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 13
  • Emily and Elliot
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2005, 00:06:49 am »
I carry her up to her room (lights off), put her on the change table, change diaper or let her play with something for a couple minutes, pick her up, close blind and curtains, hold her for about 10 seconds in front of crib, lay her down, put a blanket over her.

She rolls on her side, grabs the blanket with one hand and pulls it up to her face and sucks her thumb.

I leave the room and she's off to dreamland.

Offline LindseysMom

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 9
  • Lincolnton, NC, USA
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2005, 00:54:22 am »
I change her diaper if needed, put her in her wearable blanket, hold her, sing a few songs with her glow baby, turn on her sound machine and set it to play for 10 min, then lay her down and give her her lovey.  It used to work really well but now she just cries through her windown so I usually just try and do it and then put her down.  I don't think it is the windown, I think she just does not want to take a nap.   Sometimes I will pick her up and hold her and walk around a bit before getting started.
Lynne
Registered Nurse now Sahm
Mom to Lindsey Elizabeth 10/28/04
Baby girl due December 8th