Author Topic: books for a two & one year old please help  (Read 1831 times)

Offline cliacorbhin

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
books for a two & one year old please help
« on: October 05, 2005, 20:57:24 pm »
hi my name is maria
I was just wondering if  anyone  has any great books that their babas just adore. i'm on a hunt for some new books that would appeal to my two spirited wee bees as we read at bedtime everynight & my already extensive book collection just seems to have become repeative of late.
Its just with having spirited & very bright  babas they do get bored farley easy so new variety is the key to try & keep things ticking as smoothing.
Please HELP i dont want to lose my snuggle & quailty time if they get bored of the same stories I know this soulds daft but they get tired at night & this is the only time they will sit with me. To be quiet honest the evening time story is time for me as they are always on the go during the day that i enjoy suggles & story time my way {i know silly as it may seem} of spending quailty time with them.
Your help would be greatl appericatedxxx

maria mun of two beautyfull little darlings xoxo
Corbhin two & one mth
Clia one & one mth

Maria

Corbhin & Clia's Greatful Mother of two Spirted little souls. xx

Offline Mariek

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 225
  • If the Beatles had read Hunter
    • My Blog: Protect The Cookie!
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2005, 21:10:31 pm »
Hi Maria

We've recently bought 5 new books for our DD by Julia Donaldson and Axel Scheffler - "Room on the Broom", "The Gruffalo", "A Squash and a Squeeze", "Monkey Puzzle" and "The Smartest Giant in Town".  They're great reading and have a really nice rhythm to them and great illustrations. My DD (who's 21 months) absolutely loves them, especially when my DH reads them because he does different voices for each of the characters.

Some of her other favourites are "We're Going on a Bear Hunt" by Michael Rosen, "I don't want to got to bed" and "I don't want to have a bath" by Julie Sykes and "The Very Hungry Caterpillar" by Eric Carle.

I'm always on the look out for new books because my DD just loves story time so much - some times we end up with three or four stories before bed.

love
Marie

Offline Erin (redstarfalling)

• Showing Appreciation 188
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2005, 01:27:49 am »
My dd is 1 year old and she LOVES Sandra Boynton books.  Here's her website - you can get them at most books stores, I think though:
http://www.sandraboynton.com/sboynton/boyntonbooks.html

Her favourites are Barnyard Dance, Oh my oh my oh dinosaurs, Snuggle Puppy (the website has a link to music to it that's reallly fun) and Pyjama time - but all of them are great.  Nice big pictures, cute characters - she loves looking at them.  My niece is 4 years old and still enjoys looking at hers too.
Erin
Mother to Megan and Samantha

Offline cliacorbhin

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2005, 18:06:03 pm »
Thanks very much for your replies most diffently going to purchase what i can of your choices many thanks Maria.

Maria

Corbhin & Clia's Greatful Mother of two Spirted little souls. xx

Offline dkjokisch

• Showing Appreciation 43
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2005, 18:17:52 pm »
We really like the Eric Carle books.  Dd's favorite is "Brown Bear, Brown Bear".
Deborah
#3 EDD 07/18/09
B 04/14/07 (ds)
M 01/13/05 (dd)