Author Topic: Runny stools...?  (Read 1091 times)

Offline mstormin

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« on: October 05, 2005, 21:53:32 pm »
My DS has about 3-4 poops every day (seems like alot!  :lol: )).
They are VERY runny-- in fact we go through about 3-4 outfits per day b/c it runs up his back side and out!
I've tried lots of different brands of diapers and tried going up in size but nothing seems to help.

My question is-- is this normal? Could it be something I'm eating?

TIA!

annamum

Runny stools...?
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2005, 22:28:38 pm »
How old is he? When they are little that's how some of their stools are. Eventually they become thicker and once you start him on solids, they will start to "smell" and will be much thicker.

I remember that phase, too, a lot of clothes changes. I don't think the diapers are wrong, this is the runny poop that is the culprit  :lol: .

Offline Erin (redstarfalling)

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 188
Runny stools...?
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2005, 00:58:47 am »
UH! I remember the runny poop up the back!! :x I just remember constantly having to do laundy.... :roll: Somtimes, I'd just strip my dd down and pop her in the sink to wash her off instead of trying to manage on the change table. Like Monika said - when your lo is little, it's very normal, and will get better once your baby gets a little older and his digestive system gets more mature.  Then it's nice and easy to clean up for a while....until they start solids!  Then the smelly ones start... :(
Erin
Mother to Megan and Samantha