Author Topic: what is going on???  (Read 1250 times)

Offline kendallnangie

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 1
« on: October 05, 2005, 22:25:10 pm »
I'll try to make this as short as possible!!!
My 8.5 month old DD has been on EASY since day one, it took her about 3 months to sleep all night and that was great. Today is a new story, I don't know what happened. I have 3 kids total and our life MUST function on a routine, so really I am at a loss to what could have happened to start causing these night wakings. I am exhausted and am growing into a monster    have joking    Anyhow It was about 1.5 months ago that she started these random wakings and as well as waking at night, she has had a difficult time setteling herself for naps.
I have tried extending her awake time and feeding her more food throughout the day etc... I don't know what else to do here is a typical day.... I said that we must function on a routine and I mean that wholeheartedly howeverplease understand that life does happen and that I have 2 other childrens routines to look after as well...but this is MOST days

E 8:30am
A 8:30-11:00
S 11-1

E 1
A 1-3:30
S 3:30-5:30     sometimes 6(yesterday it was 6)

E 5:30
A 5:30-8:30
E 8pm BF
S   bedtime
she doesn't snack during the day. she won't do it :roll:

so in short that is a good day, yesterday looked just like that but she woke up at 4:30 this morning :shock:  :x  :cry:
Is it me? is it her? I don't know what happened.
at all her feeds she eats solids  two, 4oz jars and then is BF so is that enough?
my other two never had theses issues so I feel like a first time mommy :D
thanks in advance for any advice,
Angie  A.K.A . stressed and losing it :wink:

Offline Erin M

• The Sentinel
  • Global Moderator
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 521
what is going on???
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2005, 01:39:38 am »
Your LO is older than mine, so this is not experience talking, but it seems to me that she's getting a lot of sleep during the day - 4 hours may be too much.  Check out the recommended hours of sleep sticky which is somewhere on the sleep forum and see how yours matches up. 
That's my only thought, hope someone else can help you out more!

Offline kendallnangie

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 1
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2005, 05:50:46 am »
HMMMMMMMM  if anybody else replies.... I am just not so convinced that she is getting too much sleep, although I wouldn't rule it out. I know all kids are different but both of my other took two 2 hours naps at this age. I guess I should note as well that she has gotten up at night even on the days that the naps have been short, like 1.5 hours each  :?
I feel like I am on my own with this one.   until last week she was still taking 3 naps a day, we just have a hard time getting her to stay up for 3 hours. As it is now she is up for 2.5 and the last 30 minutes is really hard. she gets fussy.OH MAN :!:   I don't know what to do.
Angie

Offline Johno & Aurelias Mum

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 49
what is going on???
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2005, 07:28:30 am »
Angie,

If she has only just gone to two naps, it might be that she's a little short of sleep.  I found that whenever we cut a nap, he was always a bit short of sleep for a couple of weeks until the new routine got sorted.

Try going to bed half an hour earlier and see if that helps.  I know it sounds daft but as you probably know I have an early waker and the only thing that helped was a slightly earlier bedtime!
Jenny

Offline kendallnangie

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 1
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2005, 15:43:38 pm »
thanks, I'll try that :D
Angie