Author Topic: 10 month-waking at 5-5:30am w/ poop  (Read 1071 times)

Offline cata

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 1
« on: October 06, 2005, 00:01:43 am »
Hi,
DS is finally sleeping fine at night  :D . I thought this day would never come!!!
He goes down at 7:30-8pm. He is mostly capable of putting himself back to sleep if he wakes in the middle of the night, and few times I have to go in and settle him with a sip of water or a hug.

Our problem is the reason for his VERY early wakings (soiled diaper)!!! He wakes anywhere between 5 and 5:40am  :evil: , and I can hear him pushing and what, and finally, about 20 mins later he starts crying. I always hope he'll go back to sleep, but when I go in and ckeck his diaper, it is ALWAYS soiled.
I try to keep it low key because I put him back in his crib, but he usually won't fall back to sleep.
Sometimes (when it's unbeleivably early  :shock: ) I've given him a bottle and try really hard to put him back to sleep.
Every once in a while it works, but by the time he falls back to sleep it's already 6:30-7am, and he would sleep until 7:40-8am, putting our rutine in a mess for the day!!! (which I usually don't mind so much-I'm greatful for the addintional sleep).

Not only it bothers me to wake up so early, but it worries me that he isn't getting enough sleep (7:45pm-5:45am = 10 hours)....
Should I put him earlier to bed?
What could I do to stop the early poop?????  :?:
I'm clueless as to what to do!!!
I would appreciate any help.
Thanks!

Offline Jaime

• Queen of the Wicker People
  • Administrator
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 941
    • Laughable Lunacy
10 month-waking at 5-5:30am w/ poop
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2005, 18:54:48 pm »
hmmm... you've been peeking in my house haven't you?  :wink:

when it happens, i try and treat it like a nightwaking.  go in, change the diaper, and put him back to bed.  no lights (except the nightlight), talking, eye contact, or anything. 

the most recent time it actually worked and he went back to sleep!   :D
Jaime
~~~
DD - Textbook
DS - Touchy/Grumpy

Offline Paulsmama

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 2
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2005, 20:30:31 pm »
Hi, I have no personal experience with this as we are just starting solids, but I've been looking at books on solids and I think I read that if there is night poop you might adjust what your LO is having for dinner so that the fiber (oatmeal, fibrous veggies) is earlier in the day instead?
Cynthia

Paul--spirited/March 2005
Joseph--touchy-textbook??/Sept 2006