Author Topic: Help lunch time hell!!!!!  (Read 1210 times)

Offline dkitto

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 206
Help lunch time hell!!!!!
« on: October 06, 2005, 14:29:54 pm »
Oh please help I am going mad!!! My 18 months old son has stopped eating bread, potatos, veg and the only fruit he will eat is melon and grapes.
Its lunch time that is the worse, I work at a play group and both boys come to work with me. We have lunch club there, but all he is eating is some cheese (he would eat the all day). I have been taking bit's of chichen and egg, which he will eat small bits of but no carbs at all.
Any ideas? he is getting so moody late afternoon because he is so hungry.
He has also stopped sleeping as well and i think its because of not eating as well?
Help please!!!!

Offline mamababs

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2005, 21:27:40 pm »
This probably is of no help but I can sympathise with you as my dd does that every now and then, I put it down to teething!  :? She is 19 months so I think it might be her asserting her independance too, she can control what she does and doesn't eat and see that I have a reaction! :roll:
My other dd was always a grazer never sat down and had one big meal but was happy to graze all day. Recently my 19month old has taken a fancy to bread sticks you know the long Italian kind. You could also trying cutting toast into shapes with pastry cutters. Just a few thoughts! Good luck with it.

Offline Lana

• Dragon Lady
  • Administrator
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 1103
  • Red Ninjini
Help lunch time hell!!!!!
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2005, 02:52:20 am »
I would just continue to offer healthy choices including the carbs.  Lots of times little ones will go off stuff for no apparant reason and then start to eat it again in a few days.  Or he could be teething, that was usually the culprit in our house.

Good luck.