Author Topic: 10 month old suddenly extremely picky...?  (Read 1142 times)

Gigismom

10 month old suddenly extremely picky...?
« on: October 06, 2005, 15:58:21 pm »
ok, my dd has always been an excellent eater.  she eats anything we give her, never complains or is picky.  but over the last week, she is slowly but surely refusing everything.  last night she ate watermelon and grapes for dinner.  that's it.  this morning she ate mango for breakfast.  that's it.  (she usually eats a bowl of oatmeal, fruit, eggs, finger foods, etc...more than i would eat!!) 
when she won't eat, i don't make a big deal out of it.  i try to keep everything non-emotional.  if she won't eat one thing, i calmly offer another.
my questions are...is this normal?  is this a new pattern or do all kids go through strikes?  when she refuses to eat what i have prepared, should i continue to offer new choices or just end the meal then?

Offline {{{Angela}}}

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 12
    • pillowhead designs - hand embroidered goodies
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2005, 02:06:47 am »
I think all kids go through periods of not eating, or being particularly picky.  My ds does through days/weeks where he refuses to eat bread, or cheese, or other foods he normally really likes.  It's so weird.  I usually offer 3-4 things at eat meal, and if he doesn't want any of that, my last resort is Cheerios.  It depends on how concerned you are with her weight.  My ds was dropping to the 4-5th percentile, so we tried to get him to eat anything!  Now that he's better, if he refuses to eat, then we just take him down from his chair.  He does get snacks in between meals though.

Could your dd be teething?  or coming down with something?
Angela
mommy to Xavier and Zinnia

hand embroidered goodness at http://pillowhead.etsy.com

Offline Lana

• Dragon Lady
  • Administrator
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 1103
  • Red Ninjini
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2005, 02:13:38 am »
Totally normal.  I would just continue to offer healthy choices and if she doesn't want to eat then offer here a healthy snack a bit later.  Could she be teething?  That always threw my little one off.