Author Topic: Activities for 8-Week Old  (Read 1967 times)

Offline Mom to M&M

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 128
  • Cool dude!
Activities for 8-Week Old
« on: October 06, 2005, 20:39:05 pm »
Any suggestions on good activities for a pretty alert 8-week old? She loves to go for walks, look at lights, stare at DH and I, sit in her swing... She is starting to smile and coo and lot too. She usually starts getting tired an hour after being awake and is asleep a half hour later...
Karen: Proud Mama to Marisa (8-11-05) and Matthew (6-5-09) and happily married to my best friend and love of my life since 10-13-01

Offline Katet

• Showing Appreciation 608
  • Sydney Australia
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2005, 02:48:37 am »
sounds like all the normal things for a 8wo. But I would be giving her at least 5 mins  of tummy time each awake time - stops the squashed head & helps muscle development for rolling, sitting, crawling & walking.
If she doesn't like it much pop her over your leg, or a rolled towel under her sholders or you lie on your back & put her chest to chest, then she can "talk to you"
dc1 July 03, dc2 May 05

Offline Mom to M&M

• Showing Appreciation 128
  • Cool dude!
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2005, 12:46:22 pm »
Thx Kate. I do try the tummy time but she has bad reflux and it often aggravates it. will keep trying though!

At what age do they generally start to notice/play with simple toys?
Karen: Proud Mama to Marisa (8-11-05) and Matthew (6-5-09) and happily married to my best friend and love of my life since 10-13-01