Author Topic: How did your 1st night in big kid bed go?  (Read 1252 times)

Offline alligirl

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 34
  • Our little lady!
    • My blog
How did your 1st night in big kid bed go?
« on: October 07, 2005, 01:15:38 am »
Just curious.  Stephen's in a toddler bed for the first time tonight.  We did it kinda spur of the moment without much warning over the last few days.  I just pulled out the toddler bed we had, put in his room, talked to him about it a little bit and he was so excited.  So when dh got home, he and Stephen took apart the crib and put it in the attic.  He's also wearing underwear for the first time tonight.  He's been potty trained, but I;ve been too chicken to do away with the diapers at night and naps.  We shall see....

Just wondering how everyone else's lo's handled the first night(s) in their big kid bed. :D
Alli-
Stephen Alexander 01/27/03
Zachary Christopher 11/11/04
Marc-Adam Garrison 10/26/06
Genevieve Cathryn 05/07/09

Offline Stacie:Emma&Josh Mom

• Showing Appreciation 11
  • USA/Texas/Austin
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2005, 01:44:13 am »
My dd did just great.  No problems and has done great since.  She's only fallen out once on like the 3rd night, but that was before she was even asleep yet so I think she was messing around.  Hasn't happened again.  She's only gotten out of her bed twice and both were for naps and both times she skipped her nap but both times were weird situations (gma & gpa here once and another time something else was "off" - can't remember).  Good luck!!!!  (Granted she has no toys in her room now...)

Offline {{{Angela}}}

• Showing Appreciation 12
    • pillowhead designs - hand embroidered goodies
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2005, 01:56:36 am »
Just wondering - what is a toddler bed?  Is it smaller than a twin bed but bigger than a crib?
Angela
mommy to Xavier and Zinnia

hand embroidered goodness at http://pillowhead.etsy.com

Offline Stacie:Emma&Josh Mom

• Showing Appreciation 11
  • USA/Texas/Austin
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2005, 02:46:32 am »
Yes...a toddler bed is a bit bigger than a crib (I think...or the same size) but is low to the ground and usually has a headboard, footboard and some sort of rails on both sides about 3/4 of the way down (so they can still get out at the end of the bed).  My dd's crib converts to a "toddler bed" by having the mattress in the lowest position and removing the front gate part that goes up and down.  This way she's got 3 sides, but 1 side is open so it's a little different than most toddler beds, but still low and accessible for her.  Make sense?

Offline Katet

• Showing Appreciation 608
  • Sydney Australia
« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2005, 03:07:23 am »
ds has been in a full size single for about 6 weeks & the only problem we had was him getting up too early, but that just took some training with him learning to wait for the "fishy light on, Aidie come Mummy dadda bed" Which is what he says each morning as comes into our room :lol:
dc1 July 03, dc2 May 05

Offline Lana

• Dragon Lady
  • Administrator
  • Showing Appreciation 1103
  • Red Ninjini
« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2005, 03:11:18 am »
Ewan actually did great with his transition to the big boy bed :D .  He didn't get out for quite some time and then he only did it a few times and even now waits for us to come and get him in the morning and after his nap.

Keep us posted on how it goes.

Offline alligirl

• Showing Appreciation 34
  • Our little lady!
    • My blog
« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2005, 12:20:43 pm »
Well, we put him down about 7:30 last night and it's now a bit after 7am here and I haven't heard a peep all night.   He fussed just a bit when we closed his door last night, but by the time I walked 5 feet in to Z's room, he had quit.  *fingers crossed* that it stays this easy....he's always been such a good sleeper!  That's why it took me forever to get him out of the crib!  I didn't want to "break" our good run, KWIM?  He's been waking around 8:30am lately, so I hope he keeps that up without wetting.

X's mommy--our toddler bed frame fits the crib mattress perfectly.  So it's just a tiny little bed with the mattress/sheets that he's used to.  I think we'll put him in a twin bed in a few weeks.  I just wanted to see how he'd handle a big kid bed.

Thanks ladies!! :D
Alli-
Stephen Alexander 01/27/03
Zachary Christopher 11/11/04
Marc-Adam Garrison 10/26/06
Genevieve Cathryn 05/07/09