Author Topic: Can't log out  (Read 2499 times)

Offline katejude

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 6
Can't log out
« on: October 07, 2005, 04:03:22 am »
I've been logged on now for 48 hours.  It seems this computer is having a BW party even when I'm not around!   :roll:

It won't let me log out.  Any suggestions?
Kate
mum to gorgeous little Finn
Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker" border="0" width="400" height="80

Anonymous

Can't log out
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2005, 05:04:26 am »
I've got a similar problem, when I open the BW site, I'm automatically logged on, (which is what I want) but then when I open up a thread, the top of the screen states I'm not logged in anymore because I have the option to log in. And then when I go back to the home page, my login name is there as an active user, but according to the top of the screen, I'm not logged on!  :?

Does that make sense?

jade's mum

Can't log out
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2005, 05:07:23 am »
he he, that last post was mine, I forgot that I was posting as a guest because I was automatically logged out, even though I appear as an active user! I had to close down the site and re-open to post this  :shock:

Offline Gareth - Harvey & Theo's Dad

• Mac Daddy
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 218
Can't log out
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2005, 07:09:38 am »
I've copied this from another post :D

Quote from: Harvey's Folks
Poppy & Heather, the site won't show you logged in 24/7. Once you've closed your browser or been inactive for 60mins the software is set to log you out. The reason why you are seeing yourself logged in constantly, is that each time you access the site your are logged in automatically, this gives the impression that you haven't been logged out (it's actually designed to do this). I can assure that as I type this you are not showing as being logged in. Smile

Heather, if you delete cookies, it deletes all the cookies on your computer, when clearing cookies you should really clear temp. files too, this can get a little tedious, especially if you have a lot of websites you visit that require you to login as it'll clear that info too. Mozilla Firefox gives you an option to clear individual cookies only, but IE doesn't.

You can find the full topic here;

http://www.babywhisperer.com/forum/i-cant-log-out-vt42676.html

HTH :D
Gareth

Harvey - 18 Nov 2003

Theo - 24 Dec 2005