Author Topic: Too much/too little food?  (Read 1181 times)

Offline Bkkmum

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« on: October 07, 2005, 10:32:31 am »
Sorry for this being so long, but I am unsure about what to do.

DS is 7.5 months old and has been on solids since just before he turned 6 months.  Before this time, he was drinking up to 44oz of formula a day.

He is now on 3 solid meals plus 4 bottles during the day, plus 1/2 a bottle at night.  He dropped the DF, but still wakes up at least once a night and I give him a small bottle of 4oz.

His schedule is as follows:

Wakes 6.00-6.30am
7.00 - 5oz bottle
7.30-8.00 solids (3tbs oatmeal, plus 4 cubes or 4oz jar fruit)
11.00 -6oz bottle
12.00 solids - at least 1 cup of pureed vegetables (7-8cubes)
3pm -6oz bottle
5.30pm -solids - 3tbs baby rice, plus 4cubes or 4oz jar vegies
6.30pm- 8oz bottle
anytime from 12am to 4am, I will give him another 4oz bottle

This means that he has 29oz of formula a day, plus the formula in his oatmeal and rice.

He has slept through the night on occasions, but this last week has been waking up to 4 times a night.  I can usually settle him quite easily with a pat on the bottom, but sometimes it can take me over an hour.  He will go to sleep, but will then wake after 10 minutes or so, and I have to go in again.  I have tried doing the DF again at 11pm, but this has not made any difference.  He will still wake at about 3am.

Does this sound like too much/too little food for him?  Should I start giving him a snack during the day?  He is nearly 11kg, so is a big boy.
He doesn't really seem too hungry when he wakes at night, but I have found that just giving him the one small bottle does put him back to sleep quicker.

Should I stop feeding him at night?   I only give him a 5oz bottle in the morning as he has a tendency to spit up in the mornings, but does eat alot of solids at this time.

Help please

Wendy
This is how old Aran is

Offline ktmum

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 14
Too much/too little food?
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2005, 16:58:09 pm »
With what hes having he shouldnt need a bot6tle in the night although i know its hard when they wake and its the only thing that will settle them. If hes waking at the same time every night its more than likely hes got into a bit of a habit of it. He might be having a growth spurt or maybe cutting some teeth or he just might be going through a funny stage as my DD did at that age then again just after her first birthday. Your routine looks great to me very similar to mine at that age. How long is he sleeping in the day?? Is he over tired at bed time cos that can sometimes be the cause of unsettled sleep?? Do you do PuPD???
Hang in there and come here anytime for support
Karenxx