Author Topic: Tummy Sleeper Help!  (Read 985 times)

Offline Liam and Shane's Mommy

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 2
Tummy Sleeper Help!
« on: October 07, 2005, 18:44:46 pm »
My ds is 5 mos. old and has been a tummy sleeper due to reflux since he was 4 weeks.  He now flips over during naps and nightime and will wake up very upset.  Any suggestions how to get him to stop flipping over?  I don't think I could turn him into a back sleeper as he just screams when he ends up on his back.  I've tried the sleep rolls today for naps and he seems to have stopped him from rolling over, but the problem is that he can still scoot around the crib and takes the roll with him so I don't know if its a good idea.  With my first ds who was a back sleeper I just rolled up a towel on the side he rolled too which worked as back sleepers are pretty stationary but my second ds moves all around the crib on his tummy so where on earth would I put the towel.

Any suggestions?

Liam 2001/12/22

Shane
2005/05/12

Offline AvasMom

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2005, 03:14:22 am »
Well I'm sorry I don't really have any suggestions. I just wanted to tell you that my dd was a tummy sleeper and still is but ends up flipping over also. At first she screamed like crazy and at her 5 month drs appt I mentioned it to her ped. and asked if I could use something to prevent her from rolling over. And she really advised me not to put anything in her crib,and that there really wasn't anything I could do. My dd eventually got used to it and is fine now. I wish I was more help, I just wanted you to know my dd was the same way. And I hope your little guy gets some sleep soon  :)
Ava Grace born April 7, 2005