Author Topic: Middle of Night Feeding Question  (Read 1139 times)

Offline Mom to M&M

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 128
  • Cool dude!
Middle of Night Feeding Question
« on: October 08, 2005, 01:07:06 am »
When your lo wakes up in middle of night for a feeding, what is the best way to do it? Comfort him/her and then get bottle ready/warmed? Get bottle ready first? My DD (8 weeks) is on Alimentum RTF and we will soon be adding cereal to bottle per ped instructions for reflux...
Karen: Proud Mama to Marisa (8-11-05) and Matthew (6-5-09) and happily married to my best friend and love of my life since 10-13-01

Offline LindseysMom

• Showing Appreciation 9
  • Lincolnton, NC, USA
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2005, 01:27:57 am »
I do  not bottle feed but a friend of mine who bottle feeds breast milk takes his bottles that will be needed during the night upstairs in a cooler and then when he needs one she warms it under warm water in the sink.  That way she does not have to take time to actually get it ready.  Just has to wait for it to warm up some.  And while it is warming you could comfort your lo and do a diaper change if needed.  HTH.
Lynne
Registered Nurse now Sahm
Mom to Lindsey Elizabeth 10/28/04
Baby girl due December 8th

Offline Noelle

• Showing Appreciation 53
  • Eau Claire, WI
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2005, 02:43:05 am »
I brought up water in a container where I could just add the powder and shake so that she was getting it room temp.  Though after about 4 weeks I just gave it to her cold.  If hungry, they'll take it  :D  (or at least she did for me  :wink: )
**Noelle**  Formerly JohnandZoesMom

Offline travis's mum

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 7
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2005, 21:23:57 pm »
Hi there
I take up a tray with 3 bottles filled with the exact amount of water and a powdered milk  dispencer with all 3 compartments filled with the exact amount of powdered milk.  I have a bottle warmer plugged in and filled with water and I put one of the bottles of water in it before I go to sleep. I have previously set the warmer on the correct setting that keeps the bottle of water warm (not hot) the bottle warmer has a thermostat so it regulates the temperature preventing it from getting too warm (if it is to warm turn it down untill you reach the perfect temp). Once it is set I do not touch the gage, I turn it on and off by the mains in the morning when I finnished using it.

When DS wakes I have the bottle already at the perfect temp I take it out from the warmer and replace it with another (ready for the next feed) I  empty one section of the milk powder into the bottle and give it a swirl.
Ready in seconds. 8)

Now if Ds is very hungry and very vocal I give him the dummy for a few seconds, untill i've finnished doing the above, if he is just moaning a bit I gently tell him i'm there and i'm almost ready with the bottle.
I repeat this prcedure at each night time feed.

This system works great for us hope it's some help to you. :wink: