Author Topic: Monthly cycle affecting milk supply?  (Read 1520 times)

Offline hurr1

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
Monthly cycle affecting milk supply?
« on: October 08, 2005, 02:07:50 am »
My boy is now 13 weeks old. I have had one period 2 weeks ago and seemed to have a decrease in milk supply around a month ago and then again today. Does ovulation affect your milk supply :? ??
Isaac was born 9/7/05 and my husband and I are the proudest parents. He is a wonderful boy and we are blessed.

Offline GraceKellysmom

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 104
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2005, 19:01:38 pm »
I've never had a problem with ovulation affecting my supply, but the week before my period it is less. My ds always started nursing more frequently, like a growth spurt, to get enough during that time.
Stacy, Mama to
Grace Kelly 01/03, Maximilian Alexander 07/04, Faith Noelle 03/07, Henry Patrick 12/08
and my angel babies

Offline Livvismum

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 4
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2005, 21:14:11 pm »
I experienced the same thing with my period. It freaked me out every time - no idea why I couldn't commit it to memory! And of course I simply used it as an excuse to eat even more!!  :wink:

Sara

annamum

« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2005, 22:40:02 pm »
I notice a drop in my supply two days before my period but not during ovulation. To make sure you get your supply back, drink more water and offer your breast more often. Some babies instinctively will nurse for longer time or more often and that does the trick.

Offline Melissa (Sydney's Mommy)

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 6
« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2005, 22:46:49 pm »
I too have had the issue right before my period AND during ovulation.  Basically, the second half of the month is stressful, and I do everything that I can to increase supply.  This hardly seems fair.  My body is working against itself!   :?   Hang in there.  I nurse ds more frequently, feed him other dairy to make sure he gets lots of fat, and take Fenugreek.
--Melissa

Sydney, born September 2002

Trenton, born November 2004

Samuel, born November 2007