Author Topic: Nap Times  (Read 1121 times)

Offline rach

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 322
Nap Times
« on: October 09, 2005, 13:51:01 pm »
Hiya

Bedtime for us is no problem at all - I can pop her in her cot and leave the room no problem, then I can hear her talking away to her teddies before she drifts off to sleep.

Afternoon nap times are a completely different story - she screams when you go to put her in the cot, even though she's obviously tired and is ready for a nap.  She makes less of a fuss if she's sat in her chair after lunch, because she can see us and she can see what is going on!  (Must take after her mother)!

On top of things she's started with a bad cold today - so she's very ratty!

Anyone else have similar probs with their lo's?  Any suggestions?

Rachel x
Rach xx

Offline Matthew's Mommy

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 22
Nap Times
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2005, 19:04:56 pm »
Has naps always been an issue, or is this a recent occurrence? If it's always been an issue, what strategies have you done in the past?

Before you do anything, give her body a chance to recover from the cold.
Jane
Whispering since 2001
Matthew July 27th, 2001
Brendan October 21st, 2004

Offline rach

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 322
Nap Times
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2005, 19:37:25 pm »
The naps haven't always been such an issue.  During the day when i'm at work, she goes to a childminder, who will put her down for a nap at the same time each day, however, she has recently started to object to that.

When my DH is home, he will look after Charlotte and he hasn't got the patience to listen to her in her cot!!!  So, he tends to let her fall asleep in her chair  :? which undoes any progress that we've made in the cot.

I don't think she'll need to sit in her chair for dinner for much longer, I think she'll be able to sit at the table on a normal chair - maybe with a booster seat, which she won't be able to fall asleep in - so this could solve the problem of her sleeping in the chair.  I'd rather her nap in her cot because she'll get better quality sleep in there and I can get on with jobs around the house when I am home with her without having to worry about waking her up.
Rach xx