Author Topic: How do you know for sure  (Read 1260 times)

Offline LindseysMom

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 9
  • Lincolnton, NC, USA
How do you know for sure
« on: October 10, 2005, 01:34:43 am »
I have been trying to find some kind of milk that Lindsey will drink.   I have tried all kinds of flavored Lactaid milk and that does not seem to help by flavoring it.  So I bought some vanilla soy milk and she seems to have developed a bad diaper rash but really no other symptoms.  She drank it better than anything I have tried but if it is what is giving her the rash then I don't want to continue.  How do you know for sure?
Lynne
Registered Nurse now Sahm
Mom to Lindsey Elizabeth 10/28/04
Baby girl due December 8th

Offline Livvismum

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 4
How do you know for sure
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2005, 18:31:29 pm »
Hi Lynne

the only way to tell for sure is to exclude the soy milk from her diet for a few weeks and then to re-introduce it and see what happens.

I would suggest if she is having trouble tolerating all milks that you take a trip to the docs and discuss (if you haven't already) to establish what your alternatives are.

Let us know if you need more help before/after the docs.

hth
Sara

Offline LindseysMom

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 9
  • Lincolnton, NC, USA
How do you know for sure
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2005, 18:39:18 pm »
Thanks.  From what I could get her to take of regular milk or lactose free milk she seemed to be fine with it.  I was just trying to find some kind of milk besides mine that she will drink so I will feel better about weaning her in a few months.  I may try again in a few weeks.  She goes for her one year check up on the 31st of this month so I will ask her doctor.  Thanks again.
Lynne
Registered Nurse now Sahm
Mom to Lindsey Elizabeth 10/28/04
Baby girl due December 8th

Offline ~tess~

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 21
How do you know for sure
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2005, 19:05:07 pm »
    soy milk often has carrageenen in it.  it causes stomach problems in a LOT of people.  find a brand without carageenen.  or try rice milk(again make sure no carageenen in it--my daughter had bad troubles with it herself)

~Tess~
DS, 13
DD, 12