Author Topic: Has anyone continued DF past 7 months?  (Read 1512 times)

Offline kal

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« on: October 10, 2005, 13:01:39 pm »
I just started to try and phase out the DF for DS, he was doing to bed at 7pm and then a DF at 10pm, sleeping till 4-5am and then up for another bottle and back to sleep till 7am. He's also eating solids 3x per day.
Well now that I'm phasing it out he woke last night at 2am screaming and would not go back to sleep till we feed him, I'm really scared to continue!!
Is there anything wrong with keeping the DF since he was sleeping from 10pm-5am? Does anyone know how long they should be able to go without a bottle at 7 months?

Offline Tammy: Ethan & Kaden's Mom

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 14
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2005, 13:06:25 pm »
I am just now weaning ds off of his df, and he's almost 8 months.  I think Tracy suggests weaning the df anytime between 7 and 8 months.  If he doesn't seem ready yet, I would wait.  I know my ds has just really started to eat more quantity of solids, so that is helping to replace some of the df, and of course, I've upped his bottles one ounce each. 

I don't think there is anything wrong with keeping the df since he's just now almost 7 months.  You can always try in a couple of weeks, and see how he takes to dropping it down then!

HTH!

« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2005, 13:06:44 pm »
I am just now weaning ds off of his df, and he's almost 8 months.  I think Tracy suggests weaning the df anytime between 7 and 8 months.  If he doesn't seem ready yet, I would wait.  I know my ds has just really started to eat more quantity of solids, so that is helping to replace some of the df, and of course, I've upped his bottles one ounce each. 

I don't think there is anything wrong with keeping the df since he's just now 7 months.  You can always try in a couple of weeks, and see how he takes to dropping it down then!

HTH!

Offline kal

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2005, 14:31:32 pm »
Would you mind sharing your daily schedule with me? I'm really having a hard time on how much formula/solids to give at this age...thanks!!

Offline Samanthas mum

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 13
Has anyone continued DF past 7 months?
« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2005, 14:49:03 pm »
I continued the DF with dd until she was just over 8 months old. I had thought about it phasing it out before but then she started teething and her solids consumption went down because it hurt her gums so much. As a result I felt she still needed her DF from a quantity and nutrition point of view.

I would continue for a while yet especially if he is having 3 good solid meals a day. Tracy suggests winding down so as to not interfere with establishing solid feeding but if it is not interfering I wouldn't worry.

HTH
Sam's Mum

« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2005, 16:00:43 pm »
Well, I'll share my "early waking" schedule with you, since he's decided that he wants to get up between 6 and 6:30 right now.  Used to be 7 or 7:30...sigh. 

I will say that as I was decreasing the df, I upped his bottles one ounce at a time (decreased df bottle from 6 to 5, upped am bottle from 6 to 7, etc.)  However, he does not usually take 7 ozs but maybe once during the day.  I am still offering it though, since he has just started to really up his solids intake.

6:00 - 6:30: wake
6:30 - 7:00: I come get him sometime during this time, diaper change
7:00: solids - this consists of cereal mixed with fruit, then fruit
7:30: 7 oz. bottle
9:00: nap #1 (usually sleeps for 45 min, wakes up and babbles, eventually falls back asleep - so this is not all sleep time!)
11:30: solids - this is usually veggies & fruit
12:00: 7 oz. bottle
2:00 - 2:30: nap #2 (same as nap 1  :roll:  )
4:00: 7 oz. bottle (this is usually the only one where he will take the entire thing)
6:00: solids - veggies & fruit
7:00: 7 oz. bottle
7:15: bath, lotion, jammies, story
7:30: bed

Not sure if that will help you at all, but there it is!