Author Topic: Oh no~ green poops! TMI!  (Read 1099 times)

Offline mstormin

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« on: October 10, 2005, 13:57:16 pm »
DS has had green poops for the last 2 days...
They are lighter green and look stringy.  He's also been VERY gassy for the past 3-4 days.  He's been a bit more fussy, but has still been eating well (he's 13 wks). 

Should I call the doc? 
Couldl it be a food allergy?  If so, what do I do next?  I haven't changed my diet at all (don't eat many veggies or dairy products).
We also recently weaned him off Zantac-- could that have an affect?

TIA!

Offline Erin (redstarfalling)

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 188
Oh no~ green poops! TMI!
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2005, 17:17:10 pm »
I don't know about the Zantac...no experience with that. You could call your doc to ask about that.  Doesn't sound like a food allergy to me...

My experience with green poo was because of too much foremilk.  Do you do breast compression to really empty the breast?  The foremilk goes through faster, so it's less absorbed, they have more gas, explosive green poo, that sort of thing.  I would suggest trying the breast compression to make sure he's getting the fatty stuff at the end of the feed.  I also doubled up my feeds for a couple of days (fed with the same breast 2 feeds in a row if single side feeding).  I hesitate to suggest that to you without knowing about your supply etc., but you could consult a lactation consultant.  That's all I can think of!
Erin
Mother to Megan and Samantha