Author Topic: Is this change due to teething?  (Read 1081 times)

Offline mommynow

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« on: October 11, 2005, 18:50:05 pm »
My daughter is 4months old.  She has been sleeping through the night since 7 weeks old until a week after 3months.  She started getting up 1-2 times a night.  A few weeks later I noticed a tooth poking through and now she has her two bottom teeth.  Everytime she wakes up at night I feed her because she has always slept well and if she woke up she was hungry.  Now when she wakes up that is the only way she will go back to sleep.  I don't know if she is hungry or if she is still uncomfortable from teething or if she can't put herself back to sleep????  I know at this age it is normal to feed at night but she used to sleep through without feeding so it isn't normal for her.  What should I do????

Thanks for your advice.
Abigail born May 26, 2005

Offline Alison_3

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 95
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2005, 00:29:40 am »
I may not be the best one to give advice as I fed my ds once at night until he was 8 months old! :oops:   

Does she wake up at the same time/times?  Is she taking a full feeding?   Let me know about those questions and I'll post back.  Hang in there!

url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]

[/url]

Offline Jaime

• Queen of the Wicker People
  • Administrator
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 941
    • Laughable Lunacy
Is this change due to teething?
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2005, 12:24:10 pm »
good questions...  will need the answers to give a more specific reply, but here's another thought too...

4 months is a big developmental time, and many babies wake (at 4am!) to practice their new skills.  she may be doing that now.  you can either ride it out, or you may want to try wake-to-sleep & see if that helps.

i agree, if she didn't need night feedings before, you will want to cut it now.
Jaime
~~~
DD - Textbook
DS - Touchy/Grumpy