Author Topic: Need more advice on PU/PD  (Read 1329 times)

Offline Not Sleeping

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« on: October 12, 2005, 02:52:27 am »
I have been using EASY with my DD since 8 weeks.  She is 17 weeks and we are still having trouble with sleeping.  I am rocking her to sleep and putting her down - she usually wakes up straight away or after a few minutes starts squirming, rubbing her face, sucking her hand and then just starts crying (but not waking).  It doesn't seem to matter how much I pat/sh, she will not go back to sleep.

Should I try PU/PD?  If so, how should I begin and should I combine with Pat/Shh?

Need advice and help asap.

I have not had more than 20 hours of sleep all month and not a whole lot before that!!!

Thanks!!

Offline GraceKellysmom

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 104
Need more advice on PU/PD
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2005, 03:14:17 am »
Have you been able to read any of Tracy's books yet?

Also, does she take a pacifier? Is she sucking her thumb by herself yet or have you tried helping her get it? Have you always rocked her to sleep? What personality type is she?
Stacy, Mama to
Grace Kelly 01/03, Maximilian Alexander 07/04, Faith Noelle 03/07, Henry Patrick 12/08
and my angel babies

Offline Not Sleeping

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2005, 12:57:38 pm »
She is a textbook/touchy baby who also has reflux.  She does not take a pacifier - she was not all that interested and we did not encourage it.  When she does wake up - she sometimes tries to suck her hand.   She has had limited success with trying to find her thumb and when I try to help her with it - she sometimes gets frustrated.

I have always rocked her to sleep.

I have read Tracy's book - Secrets of the Baby Whisperer and just ordered her new book.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks again!