Author Topic: I think we have success!  (Read 880 times)

Offline RachelC

• Girl Scout Extraordinaire
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 865
I think we have success!
« on: October 12, 2005, 19:00:47 pm »
I believe we have our lo now putting herself to sleep!  It has taken about a week.  Today has been a dream and I hope I am not speaking too soon.
Thanks for all your advice with shh/pat, it really helped to know others have been there and succeded.  We adapted the shh/pat to meet our lo's needs.  Now I am able to spend more time with my older daughter since I'm not spending 40mins-an hour shh/pating.  I was really beginning to feel bad ignoring my older one.
Now, getting her to sleep longer at night is another story.  She has been waking 2 hours after dream feed.  We stopped cluster feeding for the time being to concentrate on getting to sleep.  Maybe next week we'll start clustering again...

Proud to have breastfed for a combined total of 35 months

Offline Luke-n-Me

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 9
I think we have success!
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2005, 19:52:03 pm »
Yeah for you!  It will continue to get better.  My lo is 2 weeks older than yours and from 4 weeks on it has continued to get better, we still have tough days here and there, but all in all, she is doing great now putting herself to sleep in no time at all and most of the time getting herself back to sleep at the 45 minute mark.  Hope things continue to get better for you and hang in there!
Nancy

Luke (4-2-03)
Annika (8-30-05)

Offline RachelC

• Girl Scout Extraordinaire
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 865
I think we have success!
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2005, 20:05:55 pm »
Thanks...
I may have spoken too soon... She decided to wake up an hour before she's due for her next feed.  The only thing that would calm her was holding her.  Amazingly I was able to put her back down (asleep, I know, a big no-no).  That has been her pattern for this nap and for after the dream feed for the past 3 days.  Now I am going to have to wake her up to feed... pushing the 3 hour mark!

Proud to have breastfed for a combined total of 35 months